Pre Match | Leicester vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 24 | Saturday February 13th 12:30h | King Power Stadium

Not for me . We need a cb with some pace. Williams has none. Phillips is better IMO but Kabak should prove better all round.

Changing the formation doesn’t change much.
I’d call for TAA and Robbo to be more adventurous (recently they have been holding back and I feel it doesn’t suit us. We can do this with either Hendo or Fabs at DM them coming back to cover while TAA and Robbo do what they do best (I’d prefer Fabs as in midfield Hendo is best doing the box to box stuff).
Still we need our forwards to fire them in to the opposition goal so unlocking that boggie has to be the priority over quibbling over the defense imo.
I think we have to persist with Mané and Salah so the debate should be what to do in the 10, 9, 91/2 position.

All I will repeat is that Williams doesn’t lack pace he lacks reading of the game so can give up that vital meter too easily. Correct analysis is important. :wink:

Edit: My OP was a reflection of my lack of knowlege of Kabak and Davies and not meant to be taken OTT; :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Possibly but the end product is the same. The fact that he does so well in the air though does suggest that he reads things o.k., just cannot get his long legs moving quickly enough.

His heading is about timing and courage not so much reading the game, he loses 1/2 to a yard on the turn because he hasn’t anticipated early enough imo (of course i could be talking out of my arse it’s just my analysis hence the comment about getting the analysis correct it changes things a lot as if I am correct he needs to play more often (so perhaps needs a loan next season) where as if he’s too slow we should be looking to off load).

I think a loan next season is the most likely thing.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be comfortable with Nat & Trent defending the channel Vardy will be attacking. I think we might see Kabak if he proves himself in training this week. If not, we might go for more of the same for one more game. Jones deserves to keep his place after his City performance I’d say.

2 Likes

Oh goody my analysis is correct. :muscle:t2: :grin:

I think it will be this

Alisson
Trent Kabak Hendo Robbo
Fabinho
Thiago Gini
Salah Firmino Salah

A few points.

Fabinho has been brilliant, but at the minute he is struggling in defence. So Hendo gets the nod there, and he can do some of that Van Dijk stuff.

The full backs have struggled because there hasn’t been an effective shield to cover their runs. Putting Fab there will help.

Putting Fab in midfield will also help Thiago get higher up the pitch.

Kabak is the one we need to see. He is a bit more experienced than the others, and we need to be starting him to see if we want to buy him.

I’d like to see Jones start, but I think Klopp will go with Gini. Jones is also a really good option off the bench.

I’m hoping Jota will make the bench for this too. We’ve missed him.

2 Likes

Yeah if he’s ready, why not. I just think that Nat has been excellent during his last outings, so deserves to get other starts. But the pace of Vardy is obviously something to think about.

Not sure I ever want to see the Hendo/Fab combo in central defence though…

Fabinho is 5 yellows away from a ban.

1 Like

Rest TAA, Robertson, Fabinho and Wijnaldum. They need rest and there’s plenty of games to come.

Alisson
Kabak Nat Ben
Neco Curtis Henderson Thiago Tsimikas
Salah Mane

3-0. Easy Peasy

He already has 5 yellows in the league?

1 Like

Switch Curtis for Shaq in the first half and I agree. Need to bed our new CBs in and we NEED Hendo in the midfield. Leicester will come at us which means we’ll tear them to shreds. 1-4 easy win and a lot of confidence going into the big cup we’re going to win :slight_smile:

What could possibly go wrong eh?

1 Like

Im still amazed Nat didnt play v City. In all the games he has played he was only off the pace v Brighton away. Thought hes been excellent otherwise.

4 Likes

Yes but it’s gone past 19 games so now a ban occurs when and if he gets 10.

No need to worry then.

1 Like

Three authentic CB
Henderson marshalling the field
Neco, Tsimikas focused on attack/width
Two great CM dictating play
Mane & Salah :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Weve signed two CBs so fucking play them or Nat and 1 of them.
Sick of seeing CMs at CB when we have fit CBs and still losing.
If we play the new CBs and they are shit then so be it. They can go at the end of the season.

1 Like