Pre Match | Leicester vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 24 | Saturday February 13th 12:30h | King Power Stadium

Just please drop Firmino, I would play Adrian in attack and would not expect a drop in our attacking outcome.
Also, we have center backs, please use them.
nothing will change. lets play Firmino and hope he do well, he is Firmino after all. New players need a year to adapt of course to our style(What Style, do we still have one???), dont worry about defence, we have FABINHO and HENDERSON the captain himself. Lets play Milner in midfield, he is Milly come on. bla bla bla.

Smash them. We’re shit.

22 Likes

Happy Ftw GIF

6 Likes

We are shit however we have enormous potential. Never forget, believe!!! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We are all talking about the midfield and its composition, for me we dont really have the problem centrally from teams attacking us. Where we are conceding is wide, where the opposition are getting in crossing positions, isolating the fullback one v one and also, mainly down our right, Trent is getting overloaded 2 v 1.
Hendo helps here but for the width for opposition teams is an achilles heel. Unsure how it is solved.

All part of the plan, let everyone think we’re shit then go on an unbeaten run til the end of the season and win the league in front of a packed anfield.

Winning this one 4 nil

3 Likes

By the midfield covering. :wink:

Kabak has to come in to partner Fabinho in defence, I would be tempted to bench Firmino and push Thiago further forward.

I just don’t get this Kabak must come in call, I know fuck all about him. This isn’t a comic book or Football manager. I will be interested if he does play however I wouldn’t be surprised if the best he gets is 20 minutes.
What’s he going to have had 3-4 full training sessions with us?

1 Like

Not all midfielders have Hendos stamina + the switch from one side to the other catches us out in midfield if there is no pressure on the ball, as the midfield will be tucked in

1 Like

Ideally Hendo comes to midfield and one of the new buys slots in next to Fab.

But I won’t get all hysterical if he keeps Fab and Hendo together. Fair enough the new guys are probably match fit but are they Liverpool fit. Are they across the structure after only a handful of training sessions.

I’m happy with Klopp’s call.

2-1 to LFC

2 Likes

I think it’s more of a desperation call. I mean we are so flat at the moment it might be worth the risk just so that we can get our midfield and attack back to normal. I’d take a rugby scoreline away win.

1 Like

Tough call as there’s enormous pressure to shove at least one of the new signings in. Having not seen any of them play I feel I’m in no position to make that call or otherwise. I do agree that we appear to be missing something in midfield however. full backs and front 3 all suffering.

what I find weird is the visible effect in midfield has been small but the impact on us going forward has been huge.

1 Like

And yet we’re still creating chances- even against City, it was eight shots each.

I’ll leave it to the xG nerds (looking at you, @petergriffin2020 !) to break down how good those chances were but the one indisputable fact during our poor recent run is that goals have dried up completely.

3 Likes

But are they good chances??? That’s the thing…

1 Like

Yeah I’ve honestly been struggling to see where the problem lies to be honest and I’m still not 100% certain but if you look at Robertson, his contribution going forward appears to have fallen off a cliff, (enter stats people please) so there’s clearly something not right in our set up somewhere. I’m not convinced the opposition has been able to shut us down 100% as they appear to have done. So there’s part of me saying we need to get the right people playing in the right positions again but that could sacrifice some defensive stability.

1 Like

With our current situation, this risk is worth a shot now.

1 Like

thankfully I’m not the person to make that call.

1 Like

Will you be surprised to see him starting against Leicester then.?

1 Like

Even prior to the current slump, it was a matter of being patient and taking our chances. It was always the case even last season, where we came away from many games saying that we were lucky to have nicked a result. And yet we did, in part because we could actually finish our chances.

That ridiculous stat of 90+ shots without a goal to speak for it says volumes. We’ve just completely forgotten how to shoot as a team somehow. I think even Origi’s worst critics would agree that he’s decent at finishing, so you’d have expected him to bury those two recent 1-on-1s but yet…

Part of me thinks that in moving to Kirkby, we might have bought goals that were too big… Would certainly explain all the off-target shots.

3 Likes