Pre Match | Leicester vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 24 | Saturday February 13th 12:30h | King Power Stadium

I still reckon that TAA and Robbo sitting deeper has influenced this a lot. There’s a lot of nonsense, i.e lots of silly passing going on, getting that ball into the box in a no nonsense way from a great cross even if noone was there seemed to cause so much panic in opposition defenses.
So is it a confidence thing where we are using our attacking force to defend more?

1 Like

That’s what we are asking our statistical team to fathom out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes! :upside_down_face:

We bought Kabak on loan to help us with our defensive problems. 2 weeks should be enough to learn the system and players. After all he’s a professional footballer. Play him at his position
against Leicester and free Hendo orFabinho to their normal position.

2 Likes

Leicester Team tonight.

1 Like

5-6 starters then (two per line), half a team. That’s okay, normal rotation.

2 Likes

Awful defending by Brighton allowed Leicester to score with the last kick of the game. Extra time would be another great advantage for us

Yeah our xG has been abysmal lately, I would have to go back to compare with last season but we lost on xG to both City and Brighton, were 0.01 better than United (who had the two biggest chances of the game), and were around 1.5 since December. I’ll have to look again more in depth but a cursory scan of the #s still tells a lot.

2 Likes

Fabinho and Thiago missing from training yesterday

1 Like

That’s put a downer on my day, I hope you weren’t looking for likes.
This season is a clusterfuck.
I hope it’s not true and you made a mistake! :cry:

I think they rested a bunch of their starters in the FA Cup game. Bring it on, bitches :muscle:

Doesn’t matter really. What matters actually is how the guys taking the pitch performs. Fabinho was due a break anyways.

2 Likes

Oh dear…

1 Like

No Jota either.

Probably still doing individiual training and not ready yet for proper group training. Klopp said it might take another week or two. Depends very much on the reaction, from player to player.

It seems that our players ‘always’ need more time than expected. :rage:

1 Like

Nah, not always. But we always remember the cases where it took more time than the ones when they came back earlier (like Alisson par example). But I think it’s also part of Klopp’s way. There’s a big difference for him between being fit on paper, clear to go and start doing stuff individually. And rejoin proper group training. Before, we could rush players (of course we can still do it now, having knowledge and experience how some players react, who can deal with certain stuff). It’s no secret that Klopp’s football is intense, but I think he’s at least willing to put big emphasis on having them ready when they join back with the group.

After a weeks training surely if Kabak or Davies are not in then they never will be. Plenty of time to see them.

We need Hendo in mf.

2 Likes

Of course they weren’t. Anyone expect anything else?

1 Like

No Press Conference by Klopp today?

1 Like

Maybe because of his mother. Thought they’d maybe send Lijnders to do it.

1 Like