Pre Match: Liverpool v Derby County (LC 09/11/2022)

@gasband - Gasband, Is that you Gasband :0)

Hope we donā€™t have to play Nat.

Think Klopp said recently that Matip could be available for the final 2-3 games before the WC. Not saying Iā€™d push him for this one, but weā€™ll see.

Kelleher to start after a tough summer, Ramsay will probably gets his first start, Tsimi is the obvious choice at LB.

Bajcetic will probably start in midfield, weā€™ll see if Millie has recovered or gone through the concussion procedure to start this one. Wouldnā€™t surprise me if Hendo played. Elliott also possibly involved in some capacity.

Then there are other seniors who need rhythm like Jones, Carvalho and Chamberlain.

The rest spots will be given to youngsters who deserve it most or in positions where we need it.

1 Like

Derby will be up for this. They will be wanting to put money in the bank from the next round - Blood and Thunder game maybe

Kelleher
Ramsay Gomez Konate/Nat Tsimikas
Bajcetic
Henderson/Milner Curtis
Ox Nunez Carvalho

I think Konate will start, he needs minutes to get back his sharpness. If Milner is not available Henderson should start. We need experience/leadership and he needs minutes.

2 Likes

Kelleher, Ramsey, Phillips, Gomez, Tsimikas, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Milner, Bajcetic, Carvalho Jones and Doak. Smash them.

1 Like

Agree with this if Milner ainā€™t available you have to have Henderson on there.

Looking foreword to seeing Bajcetic for 90mins

2 Likes

Derby are 7th in League One.
This team should be more than good enough. Letā€™s save the likes of Konate for Southampton!

4 Likes

We can have a couple of the big boys on the bench just in case.

2 Likes

Unfortunately that line of thinking is what has led us to failure in the past. Equally crucial is how well our team know the gameplay and each other. When weā€™ve put out ragtag teams in the past, theyā€™ve often lost.

That said, with only 1 player who would really be considered a youth player, I think @RedOpiumā€™s lineup has a fighting chanceā€¦

Lol.
Check out our line up last season for our opening EFL Cup 3-0 win against then premier League side Norwich.
The team mentioned should be more than good enough

Generally Iā€™ve felt this hasnā€™t been the case in more recent years. There seems a genuine approach across the board and these guys are squad players.

We won it last season so not too bothered if we get beat or not, Southampton is a must win game.
Play second string and kids.

Youā€™re right, actually. For some reason I had in my mind lower-league teams, but they tended to Premier League teams. Nonetheless, the struggles tended to be more the lack of cohesion in the team, rather than the lack of individual quality, although as @mattyhurst noted in reply to me, itā€™s improved more recently.

1 Like

Kids, lose, fuck it off.

Or.
Or or orrr.

Kids, win it again then fuck it off.

Keep the big boys not playing in the WC in the squad for this one - Salah, TAA, Firmino, Robbo, Joe. They will all have plenty of rest in a week.

Keen to see Ox get some time as well.

I would play most of the teams listed here and stick a mix of seasoned cover and the odd change a game type player, Nunez who hasnā€™t played a massive amount of mins would be one for the bench, same goes for Salah who if needed can change a game.

I think we will probably get some knowledge when Pep Ljinders does his PC tomorrow. But yeah weā€™ve got a hefty bunch of players available that havenā€™t played much.

1 Like

Guess there are no secrets on the internet.

Stop it with your honesty!