Pre Match | Liverpool v ManUnited | PL Matchday 19 | Sunday January 17th 16:30h | Anfield

Happy Birthday bud :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think people born on the 17th January are absolutely brilliant. Sadly the Mem disagrees.

Many happy returns, bud. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

We have looked poor with Henderson in Midfield, Villa included, think we need a more forward thinking 8 to play alongside Hendo/Gini.

Hoped Keita was fit, but Shaquiri could give us an option alongside Thiago/Henderson.

The key here is midfield for me, hopefully we see them playing with some conviction and set the tempo.

Hendo to Matip 9am this morning:

Joel my fellow red, I have fabulous news for you. You can play today for the best team in the world against their biggest rivals. You have the opportunity to wear the world famous red strip with the iconic bird. You can run out at Anfield infront of millions of adoring fans. You, my friend, have the opportunity to do what millions would do almost anything for and probably half of those would do anything for. There is a saying, when opportunity knocks, open the door. Get on the pitch, defend like a tiger, help us to 3 points and you’ll be remembered as the man who did give that extra, who did play through the pain and was, when it really mattered, fucking solid.

If you become Naby’s training pall for the next few weeks, so be it. This game doesn’t just matter, this game isn’t just important. This my friend, means more.

Well, one can dream.

2 Likes

Happy Birthday mate!

2 Likes

Here’s a good one, win today or lift the FA Cup?

Win today for me without question but interesting dichotomy none the less.

1 Like

…what?

9 Likes

Agreed. Why settle for less.

3 Likes

Both of course.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday @Walshy07. Hoping for a nice prezzie to come your way around twenty past six.

As for the game? I won’t be watching it live. Mrs CDO has pointed out (and I agree) that whilst watching our games recently my vocabulary has become very earthy. Added to which my demeanour has bordered on psychopathic/murderous. We’ll be taking our hour’s worth of exercise through Vale Park and along the Mersey prom from where I can see our Fortress and hoping that it’ll not be breached by those nasal toned ne’erdowells from along the East Lancashire.

However, as always I’ll trust Jurgen and his team to choose the ideal personnel, formation and tactics to send that fella that managed Cardiff to relegation back home to Old Toilet with his tail between his legs.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Dichotomy? Is that a medical procedure?

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Happy birthday @Walshy07!

No Matip in video showing the team arrive but it did cut off early. Looks like Henderson at cb and Milner in midfield.

1 Like

And this is the sad thing.

I’ve taken a step back since the Southampton travesty because I realised it was making me angry for days afterwards. Found myself getting worked up and fuming at inappropriate times.
I’ve thought very little about this match other than to keep updated on Matip’s fitness. Any other time we’ve played these with so much resting on it I’d have been climbing the walls.
A week ago I was resigned to not watching it but after some consideration I’ve decided to watch it. This is purely because I have supported this football club for the best part of 5 decades and therefore have a vested interest in the outcome. I have absolutely no interest right now in the corrupt and contrived title race that is playing out in front of us. I have to say they have played a blinder, 5 or 6 teams within a few points of one another, as opposed to 4 or 5 teams within a few points of one another in 2nd-6th with Liverpool 7-10 points clear at the top.
So I’ll watch this game in isolation to the affect it has on the table then then I’ll step away from football again until the Burnley match on Thursday. I just hope the result goes our way and that even if it doesn’t it’s not due to more corruption and bias from the officials.
As ever, up the fucking Reds!!

3 Likes

Omg Shaqiri is in.

3 Likes

Where did you get that???

Twitter so probably incorrect.

1 Like

Matip misses out, but Shaq is in!

8 Likes

Shaqiri in. Hendo at the back confirmed

2 Likes

Big Shaqs! :heart: