Pre Match | Liverpool v ManUnited | PL Matchday 19 | Sunday January 17th 16:30h | Anfield

If being top scorer isnt a contributing factor to being played every week possible then I dont know what is.
Salah is our most consistent scorer in years and the lack of appreciation is staggering.
Even in a period of poor form he can come good, he just needs faith.
Thankfully Klopp at least has that.

3 Likes

We simply cannot afford to let these cnuts beat us, they will be top by then. Matip back would be a great help Phillips and Williams will get ripped apart, maybe Jurgen will play Henderson there.

1 Like

Surely just pump Joel with those injections then give him two weeks off after. I can’t have United win this game.

1 Like

He’d need a month off for the jab wound to heal.

2 Likes

Ha ha, the idea Matip will be available…

1 Like

Y.N.W.A

6 Likes

it seems so many of you dont realize we have given the gaffer 10 days to prepare for this match, has he ever lost with so much time to prepare? bet on a win

1 Like

I love that and I feel goosebumps when thinking about it, but this is the past. We are here and now, lets win things. If we keep telling this to ourselves then we will not achieve anything, i think one of our problems this year (to some players at least) is exactly that.

2 Likes

I have a very good feeling about how our players will perform but I’m getting sick when I start thinking about the cunt official on the pitch (whoever it is) and the cunt at Stockley Park (whoever it is).

More than ever will we be playing against 13.

1 Like

17, surely Maguires head and body count as two?

3 Likes

Few bed wetter here and a lot of negativity. Also a bit of nonsense to make out the players are complacent or cocky because of what they have won. They know how hard they had to work, If we don’t win the league it won’t be through complacency or lack of effort. As Mascot says we should be 6 points better off than we are.

Not worried about Manure. They can never win when it really matters. 4 semi’s lost in the last 2 years and failed to make it out the group stages when a result was needed.

They might, might win this battle but I’d still bet on us to win the war. Tricky Reds to win 3-1 with a Mo Salah double.

Speaking of Mo, no way would I put him on the bench, just like I’d never sub him while needing a goal.

1 Like

We’ve gone off the boil lately, so here’s hoping a big game will spark a big team into life again. We have form for showing what we can do against Prem challengers and hopefuls. So hopefully we do the same again and put them in their place. Inexplicable how we drew with Fulham, Brighton, West Brom, Newcastle…

Still, gotta move on.

A good win and we will look at the second half of the campaign with renewed optimism. It feels like we need it.

1 Like

Oh dear. Just realised that there is going to be 7 days of this negativity.

It seems odd, but we seem to cope better with games when they are coming thick and fast. Breaks in the schedule disrupt our rhythm. I saw Klopp mention that he was going to be doing plenty of XI vs XI in training and that will help our performance.

I’m hoping that Matip will be fit for this one and also that Trent is back to sorts. Using midfielders as makeshift defenders hasn’t particularly hurt us at the back but it has affected creativity going forward. Aside from that, I would like to see a full 90 minutes with Thiago in the midfield.

4 Likes

I don’t see much reason to be optimistic, Thiago is back that’s about it but I don’t think it will be enough. Our front 3 are lacking form, 2 of our best midfielders are playing CB with they can but at least one is dearly missed in midfield and last but not least I’m pretty sure Atkinson will be the referee and some other Manchester wanker will be at the VAR.

We lose 1-3.

2 Likes

Hendo and Thiago as twin CMs and Gini as the AM so he can continue his goal scoring form. Bobbys form is a concern though. Very inconsistent, time he turned in a 90 minute performance.

1 Like

Usually we show up in big games and against big teams. Last seen against Spurs after draws against Midyetland and Fulham.

So, I really don’t understand the negativity.

3 Likes

Manchester United are not a big team any more.

11 Likes

They do seem to be improving though. I hope your statement does not come back to bite you in a tender place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only because refs are ignoring blatant dives, the ball going out of play and- best of all- the match actually finishing.

11 Likes

Agree they are getting favourable treatment. Sadly there is nothing we can do about that.

1 Like