Pre Match | Liverpool v ManUnited | PL Matchday 19 | Sunday January 17th 16:30h | Anfield

Oh gawd…we got em in the facup!!!

3 Likes

We play them twice in 2 weeks. It won’t do the old ticker much good.

3 Likes

They always seem to be our bogey team…and I don’t trust gnasher…he’s diving for pens …I can see it now.

2 Likes

Add the corrupt officials to the mix and we’re screwed.

2 Likes

I hope the confession about should’ve, could’ve and would’ve, will make the gang of 4 think twice.

3 Likes

God I hope we absolutely batter these. We’re due a good game, surely.

Their defence is still woeful and vulnerable to pace, which we have in abundance.

But their confidence is at a high while our heads have looked to have dipped after the last couple of games, we could really do with the lads shaking off whatever’s been bothering them and get back to the form they showed v Palace.

9 Likes

If Matip isn’t available, who would you prefer in CB!

Unlike Fabinho, who is very good in CB, Henderson slips few notches when deployed as CB.

However, considering the pace, or the lack of it, of Rhys or Nat; I’m not comfortable seeing them against Martial etc.

1 Like

Martial is no speed demon. Rashford and Cavanai worry me more. Oh and that young lad with all the potential is prettty quick too…Lingaard? He’ll probably get the cup game though.

For the PL game, of Matip isn’t available, then I’d go with Rhys Williams again. Dont think Klopp makes the Hendo call for CB again…

2 Likes

Cavani is suspended.

5 Likes

Its gnasher we have to worry about, any ’ inexperienced’ CB he’ll punish by getting near them and pretending to dive or be fouled…BE AWARE should be the message.

4 Likes

I must confess I did not see this coming, he not the best but at least he is not as biased as Atkinson and Taylor.

Sunday 17 JanuaryLIV 17:30 MUN

Referee: Paul Tierney (pictured). Assistants: Lee Betts, Constantine Hatzidakis. Fourth official: Craig Pawson. VAR: Stuart Attwell. Assistant VAR: Stuart Burt.

If it’s the ban for the appalling racism of using his own language on instagram, that has been served.

3 Likes

I expect us to dominate this and them to try and hit us on the break down our right channel. I honestly don’t expect anything more complex than that from them.

Crossing fingers we can lure them out a little bit and create some space as the fridge decides to wander a little.

I’m hoping this time the week off will do us some good to actually reset a little and perhaps tweak a few little things. Plus get Thiago into more 1st team training!

3 Likes

IF the game goes i ahead i expect us to win, we seem to be having more trouble with lower teams away from home, i expect this one to go the same way as Arsenal and the rest of our home games. At worst i think we’ll get a draw, we didnt get this record for not losing at home for nothing, our game definitely goes up a few notches.

The reason i bolded the word IF is because if Utd win tonight and with more footballers getting Covid i wouldnt put it past the league to postpone then eventually cancel the league and if at all possible will suggest league standings will count. This may well be the last time Utd will be top having played the same amount of games because i expect us to beat them, the league will know then that if we win our game home against Burnley the season could be postponed or cancelled before the next league game after that.

I have no faith in the league any more, wouldnt surprise me one bit if after leading it for months the minute we go from top that they’ll cancel it and use the standings. I always used to think people were being a bit overly paranoid about the officials etc but this season has put me in the same boat, the amount of decisions against us is unreal. I will say though that if this game goes ahead seeing Utd at the top of the table should give our players the kick up the ass they’ve needed for the last few weeks and hopefully get us back playing with a bit more urgency.

4 Likes

Ah…

Paul Tierney will referee this Sunday’s match between Liverpool and Man United.

• He has awarded United 5 penalties in his last 10 matches.

• He has awarded Liverpool 0 penalties in 14 matches.

Joy…

13 Likes

Tyranny sums it up

4 Likes

All the refs can fuck off - don’t care who they are.

95% of the PL refs are shit. What are the chances that two from the 5% are in charge on the pitch and at Stockley Park at our games?

If one from the 95% is involved on the pitch or at VAR we are fucked.

So, I say screw them all. Cunts!!!

4 Likes

Actually, I am hoping that our recent form makes them cocky and arrogant and come out to play instead of parking the bus and rely solely on counterattacks.

It would be easier to roll them over in such a case, hopefully Solskjaer, the tactical genius makes it happen.

2 Likes

That would be great but I cant see it playing out that way because we are likely to dominate the ball.

I just hope we dont see too many aimless crosses from us. The fridge when standing still in the middle will pick those off easily. I’d like to see us change the focus of our attack a little to be honest. My favoured option would be to try and get behind them in the left and right channel.

1 Like

If one of the young boys plays opposite Fab you can bet your life savings on Bruno will attack them repeatedly with an Olympic quality diving routine.

7 Likes