Pre Match | Liverpool v ManUnited | PL Matchday 19 | Sunday January 17th 16:30h | Anfield

Utd have had all the jam this season but ultimately they’re wank,it’ll be a tight game because of their fucking jamminess and our injuries/dodgy form but i think we’ll nick it 2 goals to 1 fucked up penalty.

7 Likes

Yep, fingers crossed Matip is fit. If he is I think we win comfortably.

1 Like

1 Like

Oh I do so hate this team…but why do they make me feel sick already…

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Why did you post this here? I freaked thinking today is our game.

4 Likes

@Zoran suckered you in with that one

2 Likes

Liverpool-vs-Man-Utd-liverpool-fc-971936_640_480
:mask:

5 Likes

Well, time to wake up or get left behind.

3 Likes

Game on now. Could make or break the season this one

3 Likes

So tight now at the top… Must win game already and we will win this. United season will derail once we beat them.

3 Likes

There’s no way manure will come at us. They’ll play on the counter.
We need to take ref decisions out of the equation. If it’s a tight game any VAR decisions will be forensically examined until they can make one in manure’s favour.
Prepare yourselves for trips, pulls and rugby tackles by manure’s defenders to be ignored by the officials.
Thiago will be key for us and the finishing of the front 3. Mo in particular will get plenty of opportunities. We need him razor sharp.
All said and done I’m going for a 3-1 win for the Mighty Reds.

2 Likes

Oh FFS!!! So in addition to incompetent VAR decisions, we have to now stress about who’s the referee for each game. They’ve sucked the joy out of football honestly.

3 Likes

They are all shit. Every fucking one of them.

Tierney though is one of the least shit ones. I generally worry if we’ve got Jon Moss, Lee Mason, or Martin Atkinson. They get loads of our games and are uniformly awful. Coote is also coming up the rails as one to watch. Doesn’t get many of our games, but he doesn’t appear to understand the laws of the game.

1 Like

May well be true but I watch some old firm games and the odd championship one and the refereeing there :scream:

So they are probably the best available at present, no matter how bad you might think they are. I do think that the assistants seem to get a free pass. A lot of the apparent decisions that the guy in the middle gets panned for are actually relayed to him by the linesman. If the ref misses it because his line of vision is obstructed and the linesman says xyz happened and then he has no alternative but to blow.

You do find on other fan forums, the same names keep appearing though as the ones to avoid. I guess that says something.

2 Likes

No extra pressure Trent but as a Scouser and Future Captain this is the game where you can make up for the bad performances lately and the ‘antics’ after your Substitution.

2 Likes

Did you miss the reports that TAA may be suffering the aftermath of Covid?

1 Like

Matip losing race to be fit so i doubt he will play. BUY A FUCKING CENTRE BACK!!!
Everything going united way at the moment and we look way off the pace.
Could ruin by birthday this one.

3 Likes

It’s one thing you don’t see fans bitching about that much - the assistants. I suppose that as they don’t have the final say on goals and penalties they won’t stand out as much; also, with VAR they are not calling many offsides until play stops.

There are a couple that are usually quite impressive. Sian Massey springs to mind although that’s probably more that she stands out as one of the few women officials but she is pretty accurate.

2 Likes

I think they do get away with it. In the old days they would furiously wave their flag to let the ref know something had gone on but now it is just a word in the ear and they largely escape any backlash or abuse from the crowd.

2 Likes

If we bought a centre back today do you think they would actually play this Sunday (unless it’s VvD)?

1 Like