Pre Match: Liverpool v. Tottenham Hotspur, 1945 BST (UTC +1), Saturday 07 May 2022 (Premier League)

Agree it’s a massive game and they are becoming a good side under Conte. Easily the hardest league game we have left. They’ve had a week to prepare. The way they play with Kane dropping and Son’s pace means they have a decent chance of breaking through the defensive line without being caught offside. I expect Alisson to have to deal with a few 1 on 1s. It’s at Anfield under lights on the back of a great week. First game at home since JK’s contract was signed. It’s going to be bouncing. Surely we will have enough to get across the line here given what’s at stake but I don’t expect it to be easy.

4 Likes

Recently they played 2 games without registering a shot on target i think Brighton and Brentford it was. That is fucking crap.

Tottenham will come to this game on the back of three convincing wins. Son Heung-Min has scored six goals in those games.

2 Likes

Yes, but I do think Robbo needs a rest. Would be better to have him raring to go for the FA Cup final.

1 Like

Err they’ve won, drawn and lost their last 3 games

5 Likes

:man_facepalming: :see_no_evil:

Tottenham Hotspur results in April and May

3.4 Newcastle 5-1 win
9.4 Villa 4-0 win
16.4 Brighton 0-1 loss
23.4 Brentford 0-0 draw
1.5 Leicester 3-1 win

If Spurs lose to us they’ll be five points behind Arsenal after they beat Leeds with three games to play. They will be motivated.

2 Likes

The way they can move the ball from their backline and play the ball behind our backline to their forwards…well they are probably one of the best. That has me very worried. Its at Anfield under lights though so that will hopefully be a factor.

I just watched the highlights of the December fixture and fuck me, how do you Sky watchers cope listening to Martin Tyler get overexcited about other club’s goals and then nonchalantly commentate our goals? Fuck I would have thrown a brick through the TV listening to that! The guy is clearly a Liverpool hating cunt and I hope he retires soon.

1 Like

Watch it on mute. Preferably with some dramatic orchestral music that crescendoes as we slowly beat the opposition into submission…

3 Likes

Watching them play Brentford I remember thinking, if they defend like that against us, we’ll bang in 4 or 5. Brentford just didn’t take advantage of numerous chances.

Expect Conte will have them sit deeper tomorrow night, and try to exploit on the break, but when Eric Dier is your best CB, you know you’re fucked.

Expect Matip for Konate, possibly Tsimikas, but if Robbo’s been on the thread, he’ll know how shit he was Tuesday night, and come out rampaging. Looks like Naby lad in, expecting Thiago to get a fair rest, and can’t wait to see the chaos Diaz wreaks against that crap back line. COYR!

3 Likes

Feel like Tsimi deserves a start. Also feel like Robbo needs to be sent a message that he doesn’t start when not in form. He was dreadful in the first half of the CL match. Isn’t this why a squad has capable depth…so that players can fight for spots? Tsimi has been more than capable on the pitch this season. Probably won’t get the start against Spurs, but he should!

3 Likes

If I could just mute him n mono it would be great…we would be able to have the live crowd noise…but then some people would be offended at the language used by fans at a football match…

I loved the Amazon Prime coverage just for this reason.

EDIT: I also can’t imagine my money going to subsidise idiots like Owen.

3 Likes

Bit iffy about Amazon…kept diddling me out of monthly charges…

I really hate getting diddled

Oh, come on it’s not THAT bad…

2 Likes

Shhhh you weren’t supposed to say the quiet part out loud

It is when it’s every month…and u can’t get your money back.

1 Like

just a reminder, when a certain Mane signed for us he sent the first two winters (jan/feb) out with injury. some of the TIA members were apprehensive about his injury record. once he got it sorted, been oodles of great for us since.

Let’s give him some time, he’s not even at his peak yet.

WTF is wrong with me, I read that as:

It is when it’s every mouth…and u can’t get your money back.

This forum has corrupted my innocent mind.