Pre Match: Liverpool v. Watford, 1230 BST (UTC +1), Saturday 02 April 2022 (Premier League)

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

4 Likes

I thought they were telling us he was struggling yesterday sadly they don’t know a lot nothing more than most of us do.

It’s being reported elsewhere so it’s hardly an exclusive.

Latest reported elsewhere by Pearce

I’d start the players who did not go for international duty first. Players like Milner, Gomez, Robbo, Thiago and Bobby. These are 5 strong options to use to ease the regulars back. Great that Trent is available and Mo was back early. Hope he’s extra motivated to take out his frustrations on Watford.

2 Likes

As a big music fan, he’s just taking tips from all the Giggs he’s seen.

1 Like

Can’t spot anyone missing from these that should be obvious, having to scroll for VVD had me worried.

3 Likes

Naby minor knee injury.

I love how he got an injury without even going on an international break.

Must just be a seasonal thing.

1 Like

Think it was an injury from our previous game? I remember seeing stated somewhere that he had ice on his knee after coming off.

2 Likes

Ah fair enough

Can’t wait for the proper footy to resume. Early kick off after the break might be a concern, but so long as we are professional in our approach we should win quite comfortably. Sarr is a danger man for them, but hopefully we will have it well covered.

It’s hard to predict the team. I like that Mo and Sadio are back. It has been a bit of a shame that they have both been going after the same prize with their national teams, so AFCON and now the World Cup leave one thrilled and the other very disappointed.

They should both play, but I’m not sure about starting. Like everyone else I am thrilled that we have 5 great options for three spots, plus Origi and Minamino, who have both had their moments too.

Alisson
Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson Thiago
Salah Firmino Diaz

With Mane and Jota to get half an hour each.

1 Like

Of course

1 Like

Got the nerves about this one. On the surface, it’s a good fixture to have post international break.

However, we tend to take some time to get back up to speed after these breaks. Early kick offs always have a slightly flatter atmosphere unless it’s Everton or United we’re playing.

Add in the fact the press now seem to be talking up our quadruple chances (or certainly publicly entertaining the idea, probably to build the hype up towards the City game) and that we’ve got the chance to actually go top of the table and it all makes me feel like the pressure is firmly on us.

I just hope the crowd are up for it. We need that rabid atmosphere fuelled by the optimism, nay the unshakable heartfelt belief that we’re going to win all of this, to make Watford want to roll over and play dead from the moment they walk out the tunnel.

4 Likes

FREEDOM!!!

2 Likes

We’ve done reasonably well on our fixtures after breaks this season, I’m hopeful that continues.

5 Likes

The fixture list this month is nothing short of ridiculous, but I’m still confident we can get the wins. Starting with this one!!
COME ON YOU REDS!!!

7 Likes

Very good news from the boss

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/trent-alexander-arnold-and-naby-keita-fitness-update

5 Likes

Doesn’t look like either will take part in this game though.
JoGo should be good enough to handle Watford.

4 Likes

It’s good news for me it looked like he was going miss a fair bit at one point, plus we have ample CM for Keita.

2 Likes

Think it might be Millie or Gomez tomorrow and then Trent back for either Benfica or City. City certainly, but perhaps Benfica as well. If one of Millie or Gomez can’t play both Watford and Benfica, we might separate them in two games. With the international break just behind us, I sense Millie might get the advantage tomorrow and then we’ll see on Tuesday.

2 Likes

Give him a start in Benfica to get his legs under him again. Need him in peak condish for City.

1 Like