Pre Match: Liverpool v. West Ham United, 1730 UTC, Saturday 05 March 2022 (Premier League)

Just out of curiosity how would you rate those three results, most frustrating to least?

I treat all points dropped equally.

At the end of the day, if we do not win a match it’s either our defence fucked up, or our attackers couldn’t hit a barn door or we were robbed by the officials.

Sometimes, it’s all three.

1 Like

Fun little side note on this one. If we win and Everton don’t beat Spurs on Monday that will mathematically mean they are unable to catch us.

Always feels like a nice little marker that one and it seems to come earlier and earlier in the season these days.

7 Likes

With any luck next season it will happen before the first match is played!

5 Likes

Get them in the Biffa!!!

5 Likes

Always believe in your Joel

Always believe in…

https://youtu.be/ntG50eXbBtc

Somebody quickly write the lyrics to the Matip song.

1 Like

Joel (joel)
Always believe in your Joel
You’ve got the power to know
You’re indestructible
Always believe in…

'Cause you are Joel (joel)
I’m glad that you’re bound to return
Something I could have learned
You’re indestructible
Always believe in…

(Repeat ad infinitum)

3 Likes

I want to see (a) a resounding win, and (b) Cresswell carted off on a stretcher.

3 Likes

The team picks itself, we need to protect Becker this time and we win.

2 Likes

Alisson
Alexander-Arnold Matip Van Dijk Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Keïta
Salah Jota Mané or Salah Mané Dìaz

Taki has to be on the bench tomorrow, and on at the latest at 70’
Joey G. should also be given minutes.
I wouldn’t expect to see Curtis or Milly near this one.

I think he will go with the first 3 upfront.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Konate at CB with VVD
If Keita, Jones and Thiago are out will we see Elliot to the left and Hendo right?

Or Milner on the left?

1 Like

Shame, especially in midfield.

Keita had a good last game, Jones had a good last first half, both of them were best choices to play while Thiago is out.

IF it’s Elliott, then it could mean Klopp putting Hendo at LCM for only the second time here. We started that way against Chelsea at home at the start of the season and it wasn’t good.

Of course, there are options like Millie, Ox, there is also the option of Elliott RCM/Hendo LCM and this time being better than the last.

At CB just keep Konate to deal with West Ham’s physique and we’ll see where we are when we get to Inter, if we have some players back and how were their last performances.

Konate at CB, glad Matip is just an Illness.

Would have like Keita, so the CM now looks a bit thin maybe Elliott or maybe Jones if he can make it or even Keita.

Hopefully one of Jones or Keita makes it. Though rating Hendo’s suitability on one game is always risky.

My source tells me that Matip isn’t really ill, just super upset that someone called him the weakest link.

9 Likes

I swear it felt like just yesterday when we had a full strength squad to choose from…

6 Likes

Way I see it is it’s short term all are short term that doesn’t concern me, I wish they could rotate a bit more but Konate is fine for Matip especially against WHU and what happened last time.

Hopefully Keita makes it and if not I’d consider Jones but if one’s fit enough for the bench I’d go with Elliot and Hendo.

It’s the “Matip has a strain, it’s none too serious but we don’t know” which I dread.