Pre Match: Liverpool v. West Ham United, 1730 UTC, Saturday 05 March 2022 (Premier League)

What happened to Naby? I completely missed that.

On Matip, I believe (hope) it is indeed simply an illness. He was on the bench for Norwich and I saw him with the other reserves during the match warming up and stretching on the touch line.

He’s still in shock after reading that @Klopptimist thinks that he’s our weakest link.

4 Likes

I don’t think Klopp makes up stuff, the club has been very good on diagnosis since the summer.

Only odd one was Curtis Jones, and eyes are eyes they are difficult things to diagnose.

1 Like

Bye Bye No GIF by Liverpool FC

3 Likes

Remember what we write on here has consequences.

To be honest Keita doesn’t surprise me I expected to see him on the bench on Wednesday.

Not very good news on (un)availability of players. Matip illness should not be felt too much, as Konate (potentially even Gomez) surely can do the job at centre half alongside VVD.

Much greater problem is the midfield. With Thiago already out, it is a problem if we have neither Keita nor Jones available. Hopefully at least one of them is cleared to start tomorrow. If not, we only have Elliott, Milner and Ox left. Millie played full 90 on Wednesday (and 40 in the final on Sunday) and might be thus unlikely to start. Elliott be next, though I have some doubts with Hendo as LCM. So let’s hope for Ox to have been successfully played into rhythm maybe? Clearly, none of the three is an ideal option for tomorrow, but Klopp will have to make a choice between those three (still hope ot least one of Keita or Jones will be available).

Other option could be to play 4-2-3-1 with Minamino/Ox/Jota deployed as no. 10, though the fact that Bobby is not available makes this system much harder to successfully implement.

On the other hand, the Hammers should still be a little tired after Wednesday, we play in front of the full Anfield, and we owe them big time. So any squad should be too much for them.

Let’s just say the Hammers are due a hammering :wink:

1 Like

Wouldn’t start Ox at all he was terrible on Wednesday

5 Likes

Stick Konate in front of him on corners.

2 Likes

To all those who were warning about our midfield of crocks before the season … yeah , you were right. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Well, it is not that bad. For WHU, we still have at least 5 available senior midfielders (counting Elliott as one), with Taki aditional emergency option as offensive no. 8 (which he already played this season). If both Jones and Keita are available tomorrow (which is still possible), that is excellent squad depth even if Thiago is out - and even he shall return next week. Never this season we had less than 3 (senior) midfielders available (+ the likes of Taki and Morton still available). So I’d say we have enough squad depth in midfield for the remainder of the season, even if Elliott is eased back slowly.

5 Likes

Maybe we will se Diaz as LCM with Mane ahead of him?

1 Like

Nah, I don’t think we’d do that. We’d rather flip the structure to a 4-2-3-1 instead. But I believe we’ll have a solution for 4-3-3.

This was a big “tactic” for them last time and made quite a fuss about it post match. How they were too physical for us. How the American phrase goes, “they made an ass of us” in post match talking how we couldn’t handle their physicality around our keeper.

Both Moyseh and Rice also both made a point to say they “could’ve had more” as if to imply the scoreline flattered Liverpool in some way. Ive never understood why everyone is so madly in love with Rice. He’s a more skilled CB playing midfield and a complete nitwit.

I’ve admired from afar what Moyes has done at WHU but with the arrogance they’ve displayed, and the Zouma nonsense, they can do one. I want zero mercy on these tomorrow.

8 Likes

If we have to start with Ox in midfield again , like we did when we lost to them in November , I’m going to be a worried man.

2 Likes

and jus like that our midfield options gone to shit again with them injuries

we dont win with elliot or Ox in midfield

now when keita name comes up in the injury list, i am so unmoved. i consider him a luxury player at this point. awesome if available and “oh well” if he aint.

2 Likes

We could play both Tsimikas and Robertson if Naby and Curtis are not fit enough to play , :thinking:.

1 Like

Hate West Ham.

Fuck them 4-0

6 Likes

With Thiago obviously out and Keita and Jones doubtful midfield is a bit stretched but we still have Hendo, Millie , Ox, Fab and Harv. Not ideal but not bad.

1 Like