Pre Match: Liverpool v. Wolverhampton Wanderers, 1600 UTC+1, Sunday 19 May 2024

To each their own I suppose on experiencing pain. Personally, if I go by @The-AllMightyReds stated 20 year era, Gillett and Hicks wins it for me. If we go by disappointment, I’d say Suarez sobbing. If we go by pain, I’d say reading @Klopptimist’s posts.

But again everyone has their own experiences. My pain though is more important.

1 Like

Is that a general comment? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Yea, it’s broadly specific to all your posts.

2 Likes

Excellent, a self confessed bigot :slight_smile:

That week when we lost the league and then

1 Like

Jurgen would tell you this himself. It’s just a game mate.

Love the club as much as the next, but a bit dramatic?

2 Likes

Nothing comes close the heartbreak of 13/14.

Then you have the two seasons under Klopp either side of the title win - the one where we were near faultless and missed out by a point.

Those were disappointing.

Then you the real lows. Hodgson, Hicks and Gillette. Rodgers last season. Kenny’s crack at it. The end of Rafa. All through the 90’s and 2000s. Season’s and era’s when we knew were we not good enough.

This season is by contrast is perfectly fine. It’s the first season of a new team, and we’re comfortably ahead of everyone fourth down, and not far off the top two. Anyone at the start of the season would have said the sim was to get back into the top four. We’ve over achieved in that regard.

8 Likes

Any of the London contingent going to the pub to watch the match?
I will be needing the pub after 95 minutes!!

1 Like

Cynical will be quaffing Champagne at Claridges if you are in Mayfair :wink:

3 Likes

I am not that posh, besides, I would have been told off for using incorrect syntax of English or not using Google enough.

3 Likes

Oh, just quote times in BST or GMT. That really winds him up.

3 Likes

Free bubbly though, he’s known to always pick up the tab.

2 Likes

Not as much as UTC+1, which I have already deleted once.

2 Likes

Feeling It Drama Club GIF by Nickelodeon

4 Likes

I hear you AMR. Letting the league, UEFA and even the FA Cup drop and leaving Jurgen with just 1 PL and 1 European title is so disappointing

Yup, cup and top 4 would have been my hope going into it.

This was a hopeful move at the title and with less injuries it would have probably happened (corrupt officiating is common of all seasons so I won’t go there).

5 Likes

Agreed. But it’s these in combination that add to the fact we couldn’t take advantage this year - taken in toto it’s super disappointing that we haven’t got at least a 2nd title in this golden era.

Hopefully we end the season with a bang. Klopp’s last 3 fist pumps will be accompanied by every fucker being in tears and rightly so. Thanks Jurgen, you reminded us how to dream. Statue or stand?

4 Likes

To put us all in the mood:

2 Likes

This has been confirmed for Sky if anyone needs to know.