Pre Match | Liverpool vs Chelsea | Wednesday January 31st 20:15

I’d somewhat doubt it. Then again some coaches are rather dumb.

Nunez took a penalty this season, so it might be him. The only current player apart from Milner and Fabinho, who took it while Salah wasn’t on the pitch.

Other candidates could be one of the likes of MacAllister, Trent, Szoboszlai, Gakpo…

1 Like

Smash them. They’re shit.

2 Likes

Hope we get a proper press conference and not a load of questions about how feels currently.

1 Like

Really need to get into them from the start, get the ball to Darwin and let him run them ragged.

All of the emotion must be channelled into the second half of the season. Klopp won’t want distraction from the ultimate goals, winning trophies.
A win here, a good go at Arsenal and we are in good stead.

1 Like

Yes
Hopefully whoever is facilitating from now on directs questions away from the obvious.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m mostly interested in injuries and how he expects the set up to be.

Leave all the rest until June.

1 Like

This lot isn’t great in the current table, but a look at their results list shows a few things:

• their results and consistency have improved recently, after a mediocre start
  • throughout the season so far, they have managed to raise their game against this season’s big boys: 1-1 against us, 2-2 against Arsenal and 4-4 against Abu Dhabi. Their losses came against supposedly inferior teams: the red mancs, Everton, West Ham, Forest etc.

Going by this trend, this won’t be a walk in the park. Hopefully our lads will be 100% focused and aggressive in a positive way, and be able to get the three points. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

Btw After the Jurgen Klopp press conference on LFCTV they started showing Xabi Alonso goals… wtf :joy:
Do they know what they´re doing?

https://www.youtube.com/live/zei154A9_Hk?si=2DowEgRw7NGv340s

Maca is back, Thiago is in training, Salah’s at least out for a couple of weeks and no other injuries :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Klopp’s reaction to Thiago’s level in his first training session.

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Yip, my least favourite games of any season. It’s normally such a boring game.

1 Like

My team against Chelsea :
Alisson
Trent Konate Virgil Robbo
Dom Mac Jones
Diaz Jota Nunez
Subs : Kelleher, Quansah, Bradley, Gravenberch, Gakpo, McConnell, Gomez, Elliott
Should be good enough to beat them.

I don’t think Trent and Robbo will start. Its a risk starting both returning from injury. Also Szoboszlai is just returning as well.
For me Trent starts and Gomez starts at LB. Robbo ready for Arsenal.
Its MacAllister, Jones and either Elliot or Szoboszlai to start.
Jota at 9 with Nunez starting on the right and Diaz left, but thats fluid anyway.

Big few days.
Get these out of the way and look at Sunday.
If MacAllister gets those through balls right then Nunez will have a great night.
Come on Reds

5 Likes

Indeed, these three are the only realistic questions regarding the starting lineup (the others are all but nailed-on). Trent, Robbo and Dom have just returned from injury a few days ago and we have another big game coming this week. Surely none of them should and will play the full 90. I think that Elliott (who was rested against Norwich) could start in midfield.

Regarding the full-backs, the decision will be interesting. Dropping Bradley might be a bit harsh, as he was brilliant, but on the other hand he is still young and he played three full matches last week (except for 10 minutes against Bournemouth), so he needs some rest eventually. Even if he starts, he will be taken off early in the second half for Trent (or vice versa). On the other hand, I definitely see Gomez starting today, as he was taken off early on Sunday and is the only player belonging to that quartet who should be rested and fit enough to potentially play the full 90. I am just not sure on which flank he starts and whether he might be moved to the other side at some point during the match.

Trent and Dom weren’t out for a massive period so I can see them starting.

Robbo has been out for a while hence I reckon it’s going be 30 mins for the next week or so.

Plus Bradley and Gomez have been very reliable.

2 Likes

Bollox! I just noticed this is a 20:15 kick-off. Why the extra 15 minutes. I’ve had to miss the last couple of evening kickoffs but I was hoping to stay up for this one.

But you’re in CET aren’t you? Not too different to GMT. It’s not too bad here in AEDT, 7.15 am.
Spare a thought for Sith (IST) and Ifti (BST), middle of the night for them.

2 Likes

I think it will be this

Alisson
Trent Konate Van Dijk Gomez
Mac Allister
Szoboszlai Jones
Jota Nunez Diaz

7 Likes

3 points here is vital - takes the pressure off going forward.

2 Likes