Pre Match | Liverpool vs Everton | PL Matchday 25 | Saturday February 20th 17:30h | Anfield

Season 3 Mustache GIF by Rick and Morty

3 Likes

Brilliant footage of Ian St John above, thank you. I hadn’t seen it before either. Had to look a couple times, but it was a right-left combo, with the right hand punch doing most damage, before finishing him with the left. Don’t make 'em like that any more!

As for the game, I will be delighted with any Liverpool win, accompanied by no injuries to any of our players. Everton are a half decent team these days, so it is mystifying why they resort to the dark arts so much.

Team for me would be:

Alisson
Trent Kabak Fabinho* Robbo
Thiago Henderson Wijnaldum
Salah Firmino Mane

If Fabinho unavailable there is a decision to make. If we put Henderson in the defence we will miss his drive in the midfield, and I fear we might get overrun there by some Joe Royle dogs of war stuff.

So if Fabinho is unavailable I would be tempted to play Phillips alongside Kabak. On the plus side that gives us some aerial strength, which will hopefully nullify one thing Everton aren’t bad at.

The other decision to make is the midfield, and I would possibly give Jones the nod over Thiago. There won’t be a second on the ball and Thiago will be snapped at, and I don’t want him to get injured. Then again, he’s a grown arsed man, and he is just as likely to take an Everton player out as his tackling is very proactive, shall we say!

A couple of decisions to make, but the main thing is three points please Liverpool, and no injuries. At least not to our boys. I wouldn’t be sad if Everton suffered at least what we got in the last game.

3 Likes

Gimme a massage and tell me it’s going to be okay. I can’t look at Adrian again

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it would be Kelleher, but still Ali’s attendance is a bit troubling.

1 Like

Calm Down Bernie Sanders GIF by GIPHY News

Is Kelleher not injured

He was on the bench on Tuesday.

Oh nevermind then thought I just heard. Apologies

And they were babies compared to Smith, Lylod, Souness, Case,

2 Likes

These cunts fucked our season with their bs. Bitter bastards.

2 Likes

Feeling a bit worried here. From TIA:
Elsewhere, concerns were raised following the release of footage from training, as neither Alisson or Caoimhin Kelleher were pictured as part of the squad.

Instead, Adrian and Marcelo Pitaluga were involved in rondos and small-sided games, though no conclusions should be made until Klopp holds his press conference at 1pm.

1 Like

I don’t understand how anyone could be of the opinion that injuries haven’t fucked our season. It’s been absolutely relentless.

8 Likes

Klopp:
'Fabinho, Milner and Diogo close but not close enough for the weekend‘

1 Like

Tease. What did he say about Alisson and did the Private Investigator tailing Adrian get any conclusive evidence yet?

1 Like

He just said Alisson is fine.

5 Likes

That’s fine, right!!!

Did he mean fine as in attractive, but also injured?

4 Likes

Only those who are willfully ignoring the number of injuries or are on the wind up are saying the usual, ‘every team has injuries’ BS. Of course every team gets injuries, we had them last year but we were able to cope with the back ups. But when the back ups and back ups to the back ups get injured, then you’re talking improbable levels of injuries.

But I still except us to beat these pricks tomorrow. I think the lads will be very focused on the 3 points but also on winning every individual battle and winning it with skill and a little more aggression than usual.

1 Like
Who will the Ev put out for the season with an ‘over-exuberant’ and unpunished challenge? (And what will be the pundits comment?)
  • Alisson (I don’t think he meant it)
  • Hendo (That’s not great, but he’s a young boy and you don’t want to take the aggression out of his game)
  • Trent (It’s a derby, and you wouldn’t want to stop those tackles)
  • Salah (Good on the referee for keeping his cards in his pocket - we don’t want to see games ruined)
  • Mane (I don’t like the theatrics foreign players have brought in to our league)
  • Second crack at Thiago (He got a little bit of the ball there)
  • Klopp. (I know Klopp is just picking the dead ball up, but for me, it was there to be won).
  • Pickford is going to run to Kirkby and go through Virgil’s knee while he’s doing his rehab (It’s a contact sport, and there will be accidents)
  • John Henry (Hmmm. I suppose you could say it’s maybe a foul)

0 voters

4 Likes

Trent needs his shin pads on tomorrow…
none of these Grealish imitations