Pre Match | Liverpool vs Everton | PL Matchday 25 | Saturday February 20th 17:30h | Anfield

Hey, did your browser try autocorrect that to Keita?

5 Likes

You’d need to have not just a screw loose but a whole box of hardware fitting tumbling out of your skull. Losing the best defender in the world and an outstanding partner would cripple any team. Go all FM 1986 for a minute. VVD is rated 95 Gomez 88 in defence. Hendo 90 in midfield. Move Hendo to defence reduces him to 70 and you’ve just lost 90 from midfield. Shit example but you get the point. Losing VVD was massive, losing Hendo from the middle of the park is arguably worse. But we had no option for, erm, reasons.

4 Likes

I think the most annoying of all the injuries are those to Alisson.

I’m no expert, but I can’t understand how a keeper can get so many.

When a keeper goes down as regularly as he has, it starts to make you question the training.

For me, the biggest single determinant of what we achieve this season will be Alisson’s availability.

Injuries have impacted all departments, but unless anything long term happens to a key player, most departments can cope with a player or two out for a couple of games.

But when your keeper is out, especially a keeper as good as him, it completely undermines confidence.

Edit: seems like he’s ok for tomorrow.

No just tried to give me Baby Keith for some reason :confused:

1 Like

Fabinho is out and Ali is fine according to Jurgen.

Heck, even AFC Richmond beat Everton this season.*

We need to smash them tomorrow. Put the ball in places that Pickford’s tiny hands and T-Rex arms can’t reach.

I have the feeling that somehow, some way, Thiago and Richarlison are going to get into it.

3-0. YNWA.

*Ted Lasso joke

Anything we get from this game will be a bonus. Even a point. Not because these are any good. They’re actually fucking shite. But the luck they’ve had in comparison to the luck we’ve had (not counting the constant bullshit we’ve had to endure) is absolutely insane.
If tomorrow’s game pans out the way this season has panned out then we’ll lose. Probably to a spawny, deflected set-piece given for fuck all.
That’s how it’s been for us all season, one kick in the balls after another. It wont matter how well we play, how much we dominate, how many chances we create - if it can go pear shaped for us it will, relentlessly.
Whatever happens I’ve made my peace with it for this season. I don’t expect our luck to change and I don’t expect anything nice to come out of this shitty season.
As for the team I’d like to see Phillips play with Hendo moving in to midfield but it’s not going to happen. A month ago when this game started to play on my mind the one thing I wanted was for Fabinho and Matip to be fit. That turned out well. I imagine it will be the same team as Tuesday.
To avoid the inevitable misery there are 2 things we need to do. Be clinical in front of goal and avoid giving them set-pieces because that’s basically all they’ve got.
I hate these cunts with every fibre of my being. That derby in October put everything into focus and looking back I can’t believe I spent so much time stressing about City and the cardigan wearing fraud.
Please Reds, just beat these fucking wankers.

11 Likes

The referee won’t take any shit, and will send one of them off if they try their shithouse antics.

In the 89th minute of course.

Wonder what the odds are on Jurgen getting sent-off tomorrow
Got a feeling he will go ballistic if the blushite tactics begin

I want revenge after what they got away with at woodison pk.

2 Likes

We need a win - even a boring one - more than revenge right now.

5 Likes

Everton seem to think they can break their Anfield drought,we need to make sure they go back home with their tails between their legs.
Might be time to experiment with two centre halves,as I recall we have 3 who might even be fit.
So Kabak and Phillips,maybe give Davies a run later.
Need to get Hendo back into Midfield before he forgets where it is.
3-0 to us will do it.
Thanks in advance,Lads!

5 Likes

There was an article I saw in one of the sports papers that pointed out that the likes of City do well in domestic cups because they have, in effect, two first class teams in their squad whereas we (and other non-oliagarch backed teams) have a first choice backed up by capable journeymen and aspiring young players. If you see our injury list it’s not the fringe players who are carrying injuries but £100m’s of our top talent.

The knock on effect is that we suffer across the park because first choice midfielders play as CBs and our wing backs (who are big creators up front) are deployed as more traditional full backs.

I’m not trying to make excuses here. That’s just where we are.

For the remainder of the season we need to make sure that we are in a better position going forward. Bring squad players up to speed, secure CL football so we are attractive to new signings and look to fill the gaps in the squad.

A city steeped in history and tradition. A game full of passion and camaraderie.

Standing together for the derby :facepunch:

#WithYouAllTheWay

5 Likes

Fixed it for you.

6 Likes

The last time we played them we had Gomez and van Dijk as our centre-halves and our midfield was:

Henderson-Fabinho-Tiago

Look what happened since then, no wonder we dropped off…

4 Likes

I think the main reason City hoover up domestic cups is because year in, year out they get absolute joke draws and coast to the finals against lower league opposition. If we’d the draws they get, we’d have won loads too.

I used to think that it was a coincidence, but it’s now at the point where they are getting sixth round draws at Macclesfield so frequently you have to wonder.

Pound for pounds, and with everyone fit, I don’t think there is a massive difference between our squads.

6 Likes

5:30 kick offs are a pain in the arse. It’s mid Saturday afternoon snooze time. What makes life worse is I’m working till 4. Well, as much work as I ever do on a Saturday! Could open the fridge at 4:30 I suppose but that writes off the evening. Hmmmm, decisions decisions. @Lowton_Red Should I be expecting a cavalcade of carousing valkyrie on the bypass today? If so, I’ll come home via the Valhalla circular.

All that said, I sense a thrashing, 4-1 and we march to the finale of the season with pride and performances.

3 Likes

This is the most important game of the season, well at least it will be until the next one. It’s an absolutely must win game.

And win we must against those disagreeable denizens from across Stanley Park, the bitter and twisted low life malefactors that did their damndest to ruin our season and destroy our chances of defending our title last October. Jealousy is a terrible thing; it gnaws away at your vitals such that you will stop at nothing. But think on, hyacinthum humo operies, what goes around, comes around.

So, come on you Redmen, be prepared to be up and doing with a heart for any fate!

I must correct @wyld.at.hrt ‘s erroneous assumption that Boudica has abandoned her usual gory pre-match rituals. He is quite incorrect. Here in Lowton, where sin stalks naked through the dark alleys and only might is right, we have overcome our neighbours’ objections by the expedient of inviting them to participate, quite intimately, in all the mysteries and observances of the Mem’s rituals. Remarkably there has been much less disapprobation after their initiation into Boudica’s world of pain.

(By way of a travel bulletin, the Mem and her hoard will be confining their imbroglio in a vicinity distinctly West of the Flash. Hopefully this will put a stop to Young Lochinvar @Klopptimist slinking about the place like a funeral mute.)

For my part, having set the wheels of the rack and pinion in motion, so to speak, I have left the Mem to her own fiendish devices, with our “blue-tinged” neighbours as they, practically in durance vile come to appreciate her interpretation of Devil’s Island.

I prefer my own company, cloistered in the potting shed with a case of Dow’s Silver Jubilee, listening to the sweet silver song of a lark. As the author of the well-known hymn has remarked, peace, perfect peace is to be attained only when loved ones are far away.

With some trepidation we must turn to the musings of Auntie Beeb’s very own harbinger of doom Lawro and his predicted one all draw. He reminds me a little of one of my colleagues in a Sheffield steelworks where I held a salaried position in my younger days, of whom another of my colleagues, a gifted phrasemaker, said that he had a face that would stop a clock.

Hopefully his attempted kiss of death won’t throw a spanner in the works and upset the apple-cart. :roll_eyes:

I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 win to us. :astonished:

14 Likes

Last match of the season, you and @cynicaloldgit should switch roles :slight_smile:

2 Likes