Pre Match | Liverpool vs. Spurs | PL Matchday 13 | Wednesday December 16th 20:00h | Anfield

@Derecho :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Klopp classy, Mourinho classless.

5 Likes

Wind up
“We have two kids of the Under-16s with injuries”

Classic Josie taking the piss.

1 Like

Not any more. London going into tier 3 as of midnight, so no crowds after tonight in London

3 Likes

Not anymore,as of wednesday the only teams allowed fans in the ground are Liverpool,Everton,Brighton and Southampton.

2 Likes

Sounds like José is getting his excuses in early.

1 Like

And then 3 weeks off straining his ear after passing a cup of tea to Keita’s immobile form.

1 Like

What’s this? I’m not calm.

4 Likes

The other top teams are literally trying to hand us the PL title by dropping points in 2 games in a row… Lets hope we don’t follow up the Fulham debacle. With another poor effort against the Spurs too.

Injuries or not. Top spot is ours for the taking.

3 Likes

With the Chelsea loss at Wolves and City’s home draw with West Brom, maybe fatigue is starting to affect the other teams as well. We just need to hold our nerves over the next few matches before our cavalry returns.

5 Likes

Just can’t wait for Klopp to be his usual self and thrash Spurs… Feel Klop is up fit it… We will win this and Moaninho’s bus will crash at Anfield tonight… Same as Chelsea, Spurs will drop points after today’s loss and this is just a start of Spurs downward spiral…

2 Likes

City and Chelsea dropped points. Great chance to pull ahead of the pack. I hope the lads are energized for it.

3 Likes

What an absolute gobshite. And can someone decipher this passage, what exactly is Mou saying? Or what point is he attempting to make:

But is [Hugo] Lloris injured? No. [Toby] Alderweireld injured? No. [Eric] Dier injured? No. [Sergio] Reguilon injured no? Harry Kane injured? No. Son [Heung-min] injured? No. Lucas [Moura] injured? No. So where are the injuries?”

Clearly Mou doesn’t respect our side and he’s playing mind games by saying we don’t have any injury concerns. I can only imagine what he’s instructing his fake tough guys Hojbjerg and Aurier to do to our forwards.

The Boss needs to put his class on hold for one moment and start a good old fashioned rivalry with Mou. He should chat some shit in return. This match is already boiling my piss and it hasn’t even started. Since Day 1 of my posting at TIA, you guys know how I feel about Tottenham.

EDIT: and he doubles down on his passive aggressive nonsense, disputing the compliment Jürgen gave them. He acts like he’s guiding some “plucky” underdog or that he’s rebuilding a club from the ground up. These underachieving and gutless assholes got their last manager fired. And just this week Mou called Kane and Son “world class”. So which is it? But again, he acts like this is some big renaissance project.

"A results machine is what Liverpool have been for a couple of years. A results machine is what my Chelsea team was when we won two consecutive titles (in 2005 and 2006).

"We are a good team that works hard but Liverpool is the result of 1,894 days - if I’m not wrong - with Jurgen. We are a result of 390 days.

"But these 390 days are fake because lots of these days were not of work, they were of quarantine.

“So for us to compete at the level we are doing, I can only give credit to the players and be very happy with what they are doing.”

4 Likes

I don’t think we need to get pissed off about what Jose says. That’s what he does. That’s what he’s good at. Remember Jurgen’s line when he was at Dortmund on bringing Bayern to their level to beat them. He meant from football perspective, Jose has his own ways to do that. Mind games and riling opposite team and managers is one. And he’s bloody good at it.

Pep or Frank might have taken his bait. Jurgen doesn’t. I hope he doesn’t fall to Mou’s level and stay classy as always. His usual smile to such statements and then a thrashing on the pitch should be enough of an answer.

13 Likes

Agreed. “The Normal One” has “The Special One” in his pocket.

3 Likes

The mind games is like wrestling or boxing thrash talk, its of its day and only perpetuated by gobshites. Mourinho, Tyson Fury, Scumbag McGregor and a heap of over muscled half wits in spandex.
Move on boys, your tawdry efforts are no longer remotely relevant.

4 Likes

Don’t worry mate. I imagine Klopp will quietly be using Mourinho’s bullshit as an incentive. Add to that he will already have them fired up after such a poor performance last time out and all I can see is a resounding thrashing for these horrible fuckers.

2 Likes

I take everything Mourinho says with a lorry load of salt. It was evident from his time as a TV pundit that he really admires JK and this Liverpool team. I also think he has a soft spot for the club as a whole. Of course, now he’s managing Spurs he’s in a different mode. Getting excuses in early. Making anything he achieves seem miraculous. Trying to undermine opponents. It’s what he does but it’ll have fuck all bearing on what happens tonight and I doubt JK will be bothered about it.

We really need to win this one. We were lucky against Fulham and I can’t believe we’ll be as bad as that again tonight. I don’t think it’ll be pretty but we must get a result here.

9 Likes

I’ve noticed on forums these get really irritated when Americans call them The Hotspurs or The Spurs.

I understand why that would be annoying. It sounds ridiculous.

Anyway…

3 Likes

I used to despise Mourinho with every fibre of my being. Fucking loathed him. Now I’m not arsed, he’s had his day and is now just a tedious also-ran still trying to make everything about himself. Just listen to his interviews, if you told him he couldn’t say “me” or “I” he’d have fuck all to say.

As for tonight the more I think about it the more I think Phillips should play. If Matip is fit I’d pair them up and go strong in midfield with Fab, Hendo and Gini. I really don’t want to see a Hendo-Fab pairing at CB, that would leave us really weak in the middle.
I’m wondering if we will take a more conservative approach in this one. It would probably surprise Mourinho and fuck up his plans. Try and hit them on the counter with Mane and Salah’s pace.
Not really looking forward to it if I’m honest. Mourinho’s shithouse tactics, Kane attempting to seriously injure opponents and 2 fucking mancs officiating the game. What could possibly go wrong?
These next 2 games are going to be a real grind. If we come out of them 3 points off the top I’d be quite happy. We’d be in the mix with 8 days to recover and hopefully get a few players back for the Chrimbo/New Year games.
Up the fucking Reds!

6 Likes