Pre-Match | Man Utd v Liverpool | PL Match Day 9 | Sunday October 24th 16:30h | Old Trafford

I’m assuming Curtis will be back in the squad for this one, whilst Thiago will remain out. I’m expecting Fabinho to be ready to start, and Milner to drop out.

I think Klopp sticks with the same back five and front three, with only one change in the line up (Fab).

Alisson
TAA Matip Virgil Robbo
Hendo Fab Naby
Salah Bobby Mane

I know Naby had a poor time defensively against AM, but unless Curtis is fit enough to start, I think he goes again. It’ll be a very different game to that against AM. Milner probably needs the rest, and is the enforcer type I think you want available to bring into the game (Given Fab will likely start for this one).

Jota should be fresh, so maybe he gets a start, but again, I think if you’re looking at bench options, I’d always feel more confident with him there than Bobby, unless it’s Mane that gets to be the super sub option!?

Obviously Matip is always a concern when it comes to him playing twice a week. But if he’s passed fully fit he gets the game.#

Whatever Klopp decides to do, we will have a strong line up out and if the players have good days we will walk over this lot (maybe not in score line but during the game).

1 Like

Just corrected that for you.

I get going over the AM game and letting it worry me about the weekend.

I think we need to remember that Ath Madrid are literally the best team in Spain. They won the league last year and they are favourites to win it again. It was at their stadium in a hostile environment, and their style as close to Kryptonite as we, and one of their goals was a bit dubious (arguably within the rules, but could have easily been chalked off)

And we still found a way to beat them

Man Utd are nowhere remotely close to them. If they go to the Wanda, Madrid absolutely murder them.

We are much, much better that Utd. We just need to remember and play like it.

4 Likes

Unbeaten this season.
21 games unbeaten from our last loss.
Salah scored in 9 consecutive games.
8 aways on the bounce where we’ve scored at least 3.

What could possibly go wrong?

I just want to see us treat these the same way we’ve treated everyone else on our recent travels. We have a habit of going there and retreating into our shells, or only going at them when it’s too late. I don’t watch them on tv so can’t say too much about their current state but I’m hearing they are generally shite and their defence is fucking terrible. But they’ll raise their game and Taylor will, in that subtle way he has, (like give us no free-kicks in a full half of football/fail to see a handball on the line/allow Salah to be scythed down and denied a clear run on goal etc) help them on their way.
Wouldn’t be surprised to see more or less the same line-up as Tuesday but with Fab and Ox in for Milner and Keita.
They’ll adopt Atleti levels of shithousery, their vile ‘support’ will sing all game about death and poverty and Sir Marcus Rashford will admonish them for it on national tv on Monday. Well, maybe the first 2.

2 Likes

Under Anthony Taylor we’ve won 25, drew 10, lost 8.

He’s ref’d us v’s Utd twice, we won 4-2 last time he did.

2 Likes

Also they had a free weekend, sometimes that isn’t a good thing but it felt like it was watching back

All I wish is our run of scoring three away goals don’t stop here. Oh and them scoring less than 3 ofcourse. And no injuries.

Yeah, that’s about it. Thanks.

8 Likes

Yeah, what I remember was him laughing at Fernandes on a dive during the game.

I’d worry more about Mike Dean on VAR rather than Taylor.

1 Like

Think I’ll leave it here on this, will see what Klopp says on injuries but the biggest shock would be them playing as bad as they have.

They will turn up and so we need to.

1 Like

Haha he’s a right wanker, I never get this “home bias stuff” as Dean is from the Wirral and fucking hates us! Although Heswell is proper posh…

This is true.

What it must be to have a national federation that gives a fuck about the CL teams.

2 Likes

Luke Shaw is the one defender who always seems to have the measure of Mo. This year though ,Mo is an entirely different beast and Shaw has been well below his best. And yeah , I can’t wait to see Slabhead getting turned this way and that before ending up on his fat arse.

3 Likes

This is a must win as far as I’m concerned. We could be either four or five points behind Chelsea otherwise.

A big plus , as someone already mentioned , is Rashford being out. Olé only knows one way to play against the better teams ; hit it long and let the speed merchants get after it. Even without Rashford that’s still likely to be their plan and now they no longer have Dan James either. It’s just not gonna work with Sancho and Greenwood who I think will both start.

Be interesting to see who he goes with in midfield. You know he wants to start with McFred but they were fucking useless (as usual) last night so I assume Pogshit gets the nod with McTominay holding.

Just tear into them like we have been doing against everyone this year and press the fuck out of Slabhead and Lindelof and we should have them reeling.

OR… we shit our pants and lose one nil.

1 Like

Is Rashford actually out? I doubt it. I’ll be very confident if he is. We set up perfectly for him to exploit our right hand side. Sancho (or Pogba) wouldn’t pose the same threat in behind and would be far more comfortable to defend against.

Shaw is a tough test for Salah, he’s not an easy player to beat 1v1. Move inside towards the Fridge though and Mo will have a feast.

Unfortunately, Fred got injured against Atalanta and will miss the game on sunday.

I think we win, but we’ll probably concede again. I can see another goalfest. 3-2 or 4-2 to the (good) reds.

1 Like

Yeah exactly what I was thinking. Shaw has done really well defensively against Salah.
Hopefully it’ll be different this Sunday - Mo owes him one

1 Like

I could be wrong but I thought I heard he had tweaked something.

It’s only a dead leg.

I don’t see any confirmation Rashford is out? Looks like he has a dead leg. If so, I’d imagine he’ll make it on time

1 Like

Ah … well he’s only just back from injury too so maybe he doesn’t start ?

1 Like

Not sure if already posted as I haven’t seen it

Get your “combined” XI’s in lads and ladesses

1 Like