Pre Match | Man Utd vs. Liverpool | FA Cup Fourth Round | Sunday January 24th 17:00h GMT | Some Shitty Stadium

Apology to all the color blind people who were watching last week - ManU Zebra kit vs our turquoise kit tomorrow

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately.

It’s because United wears black socks at home. So we can’t wear our all black kit. One of a few idiotic things in football in last years.

2 Likes

I remember few years ago United especially had white socks and white shorts to swap for their black socks and shorts. Wonder why thats no long the case. Suppose they need teams wearing different kits for sales

1 Like

Couldn’t tell the difference between Utd and Liverpool?

Man Utd were the ones all stood in a line on the edge of their 12 yard box.

15 Likes

Play the best team as we can, I hate not winning against United twice in a week.

8 Likes

I’m pretty sure I agree with everyone’s approach here as in (a) field a winning team we need the win (b) rest players ahead of critical EPL games

can we do both?

and on that note, our “second string” looks like a pretty good team.

Regardless, I’m looking forward to Kelleher keeping a clean sheet to stop Man U’s resurgence and crash them out of another competition

Come on redmen

YNWA

2 Likes

Not arsed in the slightest about this match. Let them have it. Sick of these stupid cup games.

1 Like

Klopp has confirmed Mo is starting.

2 Likes

Could do with a win to keep the scum media off JK’s back. I’ve a feeling he’ll start Phillips and Williams to prove a point. Whatever happens we need to back our manager because the vermin press/tv will be relishing the prospect of sticking the knife in.

3 Likes

Screw that. I can’t stand losing to them in friendlies let alone in knock out games. I don’t care how awful we’ve been lately, find a way to fuck them up.

Time to wake up from this slumber.

7 Likes

This has gone on long enough…time to start winning again,and what better venue than Old Toilet.
If a game is worth playing it is worth winning and I hate the idea of going down to those bastards!

6 Likes

If this was any other team in the cup, then yeah fuck the cup. But there’s no way we can roll over for these.

4 Likes

Ye agree… gotta go strong

Ali
TAA twin, Matip, Fab, Robbo
Hendo Thiago Shaq
Salah, Bobby’s twin, Mane

Instead of having 80 shots 60 on target and no goals maybe we should just pass the ball round all day and just have 1 shot

2 Likes

I want Fabinho rested for this game. Since returning from his hamstring injury, he has played in all 15 games. I think if we sit a bit deep, Rhys/Nat would be just as good.

Wijnaldum also deserves a breather having played in 27 of 29 games we have played so far. Same applies to Mane. In fact, I’m sure he will be rested since Salah & Firmino only came as substitutes against Burnley.

Meanwhile trying to play TAA & Firmino into form clearly isn’t working and I see no harm in dropping them.

So my preferred lineup would be:

Alisson
Milner Matip Rhys/Nat Robertson
Thiago Henderson
Curtis Shaqiri Takumi
Salah

2 Likes

I just cannot see the point in going in half cocked. Either play full strength and go for it or play U23.s
The young side would obviously get beaten but half and half would almost certainly get the same result. This is Man U. We have a good cup record at OT and a win , any win, would be great for morale. If we go full strength and lose at least we have had a go.

5 Likes

I agree with you @costared. Play full strength. It will be a great boost and morale for the team if we get a good result.

Plus, we are competing with 11 Man utd players + the referee.

4 Likes

I’d say going with a weakened side may be better psychologically. If we lose- yeah, it was our kids. If we win- our reserves have just won at Old Trafford.

Win-win situation from my perspective.

2 Likes

@cynicaloldgit , if we play the youngster, the pundits will have field day, that Jurgen never takes the Cups seriously. He can never win with the sports media and some ex footie pundits.

3 Likes

Exactly. So why worry what they say?

4 Likes

Sunday Mirror headlines today ‘ Klopp, Kop Out’.
They’re attempting to cast doubt about Klopp’s long term future at Liverpool. This is just the start, the press will keep this up now, until they get what they want.

2 Likes