Pre Match | Manchester City v Liverpool | PL Matchday 8 | Sunday 8 November 16:30 | Emptihad

Looking forward to this encounter! Especially after our 5-0 demolition of Atlanta. That was the complete performance, which we need to repeat against this lot!

Pipe squad are all in good condition, its now about selection!!!

Come on you mighty Red men!!!

5 Likes

Letā€™s be clear here, we owe these guys a thrashing. Iā€™m increasingly excited and optimistic about tomorrow.

Rivalry,my arse it is.

14 Likes

Well perhaps for the League Cup. I hadnā€™t realised they had won it more times than the league.

1 Like

We really need to add the cup winners cup :wink:

1 Like

My first thought when I saw that graphic was ā€˜is 48 enough to get us over the line, or is there still a pathway for City to get to the White House?ā€™

I think Iā€™ve broken myselfā€¦

8 Likes

ā€¦They beat us hands-down on Relegation stats thoughā€¦ A bit of a rubber-band yo-yo existence

Relegated twice in the 80ā€™s to the old second division (83). Returned to the first division, then Relegated again (87)ā€¦ Returned again to the first division in 89.
Premiership created in 92ā€¦
Relegated again in 96 from the Premiership.
After 2seasonsā€¦ Relegated AGAIN even further (down to the old 3rd division)ā€¦
Promoted twice in consecutive seasons brought them back to the Premiershipā€¦
Relegated AGAIN from premiership after 1seasonā€¦ (2001)
Promoted after 1seasonā€¦ (2002)
Oil Money poured-inā€¦ Cheating Began 2008
Plastic Empire was Built

So what rivalry was that againā€¦?? :grinning:

1 Like

To be honest I would be disappointed but not overly concerned if we lost this. As we have lost our last 4 at City a draw would be a good outcome.

Long way to goā€¦and confident we will still finish above them.

1 Like

All the more reason to bring that run to an end.

Sadly, this is one of those games- together with Manchester United and Everton away- where JĆ¼rgen shows our opponents too much respect.

We are the better team; if we play our game- instead of deferring to theirs- we will win.

2 Likes

Well, maybe the small factor of facing the likes of Preston, Oxford, Burton, Fulham, Bristol City, West Brom every year might be the reason!

6 Likes

With all the comments from pundits on Jota threatening Bobbyā€™s place in the team, I have a feeling we will see a Bobby chomping at the bit to remind them why heā€™s so highly regarded in the first place. I predict a MOTM performance from him.

2 Likes

Keep up this nonsense and weā€™ll vote you out, too.

2 Likes

Thank f*ck someone doesnā€™t count the (often shared) Community Shield.

1 Like

Hard game to predict, could go either way with big score lines, we should do a Leicester on them.

City away in an empty stadium as it should be.
We have enough firepower to thump them.

Looking forward to it. Think we will win.

My best guess on Thiago is we probably could have brought him back for this, but then that puts him in play for Spain for the international break. Better to give him the rest then come back to boss it after the break, when hopefully we really take a grip on the league.

3 Likes

I canā€™t be bothered to check the stats but I donā€™t think Juergen has won a single PL game at Everton, City or United which seems odd. Is that no win in 12? A win is long overdue.

I think a poster earlier said he shows them too much respect. Like to see us have a good go at themā€¦

1 Like

Yeah. Can even understand City at times, but United have been shambolic and we have given them just too much respect.

1 Like

Sure Liverpool won 4 1 against City with goals from Skrtel Coutinho and Firmino in Kloppā€™s 1st Season as well beating Everton with a last minute winner from Mane

14 Likes