Pre-match: Manchester City vs Liverpool | EPL, Saturday 25th November, 12:30 GMT

2nd best most the half, sleep walking in possession. Just about still in it.

Jota and Jones needs to be hooked ASAP. Grav and Diaz please.

And sign a 6 in Jan.

2 Likes

Macallister has been our best midfielder today, it is only when other players lose their battles/challenges that cause him to be an issue

3 Likes

We should in this fixture. We shit ourselves whenever we play them.

1 Like

Jesus Christ

1 Like

I’ll take Salah off at 65 as well. He’s been ineffectual when he’s double marked.

Xmas day for Doku…destroying trent who proves each week his defending is getting worse and worse.

We just need to stay in the game but we have far too many passengers.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even mind Endo coming in to break the play in the midfield. Our midfield is too shy in making those tackles.

Ryan or Endo for Jones would be logical now…

1 Like

At this point calling Trent out to be a terrible defender is futile, non-existent is a better word for it…a terrible defender would be someone who tries to defend and fails, Trent doesn’t every try, he just dangles a leg out hoping to poke the ball away.

It’s a typical 12.30 k.o performance from us. They look half asleep.

1 Like

Ive watched quite a few City games and can honestly say i dont think there are many fullbacks that are a match for Doku. If i had to pick 1 player from their team to come here it would be him or maybe Rodri. If Salah does leave next year then i can’t think of 1 player i would rather replace him than Doku

i think endo with his aggression and passing would make more sense

The issue is that with our midfield, being relatively new together, need more time between games before playing a team like City to get our tactical shape right

1 Like

Some strange takes here. Trent has played well. Up against a quality player and needs some protection when they load up on the right.

I think we’ve done ok, apart from the goal we handed them on a plate. Still believe we can win :muscle:

6 Likes

Matip has been our best midfielder.

1 Like

He’s only 31.

This.

2 Likes

Tsimikas on vacation as no attacks his side

Trent has played pretty well. He’s had little support against an overloaded flank but he’s more often than not held it together.

This is man City at home.

1 Like

its clear , we cant compete with city , they have quality everywhere , silva press ,speed and skill on the wings and rodri in the middle