Pre-match: Manchester City vs Liverpool | EPL, Saturday 25th November, 12:30 GMT

Surely there’ll be a “You’re in League 2 next season!” chant from the away end on Saturday, amirite fellas?

Three of our next four league games are away from home - City, Sheffield and Palace.

7 points from them would be very good. If it would include a win against City I think that would make us favorites for the title.

But tbh I’m not having the highest of hopes for our away games.

So please LFC - prove me wrong.

1 Like

Cheshire & Manchester Sunday League, doo dah, doo dah.

I have a bad feeling about this one …

2 Likes

Back with it right on time, or famous last words? :balance_scale:

You jinxed this last time. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes.

1 Like

Erling Haaland injury: Norway issue update as striker returns early to Man City

Norway are due to play Scotland in their final Euro 2024 qualifier on Sunday evening but Haaland has now been ruled out of the match.

‘The injury is not serious, but he is in so much pain and somewhat restricted function that the Scotland game unfortunately comes a little too early,’ Norway’s team doctor Ola Sand said on Saturday.

Haaland will now be aiming to be fit for Manchester City’s next Premier League fixture, which is against Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium next Saturday.

I hope he plays and we still do a number on them

4 Likes

Words might come back to haunt me but I find City’s attacking threat much more dangerous against our backline when they go with more of a mobile lineup.

There are positives IMO to Haaland playing. Sometimes a short, sharp blade is more effective than a halberd.

I have a feeling there will be two tactics on show:

1. Physical aggression
  2. Crosses

If we manage to deal with them then there is no reason a win isn’t a distinct possibility!!!
p.s. oh yeah, there is the whole the ref thing…

… which goes with them bringing down our players when we counter attack with impunity!

1 Like

Couple more “injuries” and that’s their starting XI confirmed.

2 Likes

I’m totally confident now I know Haaland, Rodri and Ederson are all out.

We need to smash these guys.

1 Like

They aren’t though are they?

I think that’s the observation

1 Like

Irony is a bitch on the internet

2 Likes

Our boys so far, no new injuries.

Mo Salay played two matches for the full 90 minutes and was attacked on the pitch by fans :see_no_evil:

https://twitter.com/Watch_LFC/status/1726301913376068088?s=20

Dominik Szoboszlai played two matches for the full 90+ minutes

Diogo Jotta, played one match for the full 90+ minutes.

2 Likes

A man wearing a Man City top none the less

3 Likes

I hope the club flag this publicly and pressure both the P/L and ManCity to guarantee the safety of not just Mo, but all of our players from such thuggery