Pre Match | Midtjylland vs Liverpool | CL Matchday 6 | Wednesday December 12th 17:55h | MCH-Arena

No it clearly states bench warmer in cold weather and allowed to be axial when in dire straights. :rage:

2 Likes

If we include all the youngsters registered for the Championā€™s League, together with Adrian, Tsimikas, Neco Williams, Origi and Minamino, our squad for the night would comprise:

GOAL
AdriƔn
Vitezslav Jaros

DEFENDERS
Kostas Tsimikas
Rhys Williams
Neco Williams
Billy Koumetio
Yasser Larouci

MIDFIELDERS
Elijah Dixon-Bonner
Luis Longstaff
Jake Cain
Leighton Clarkson

FORWARDS
Takumi Minamino
Divock Origi
Liam Millar
Layton Stewart
Paul Glatzel

Consequently, Kelleher and some first team players (especially midfielders) are going to have to make the trip, if only to boost the numbers on the bench.

5 Likes

We can register an unlimited amount of U21 players as long as they have been at the club for two seasons since turning 15 (or two consecutive seasons if they 16) and these players can be registered at anytime up until 24 hours before kick off.

The lads we signed this summer wouldnā€™t be eligible, Iā€™m not sure if that would also rule out the players we signed last year though.

4 Likes

Glatzel is injured so he will not be involved.

3 Likes

Thanks for that; squad list amended accordingly.

One more player from the first team will have to make the trip. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

No can do mate, team unity is massive to klopp, and letā€™s face it, you donā€™t rate any of usā€¦

4 Likes

Think Klopp will bring TAA and KeĆÆta too. They can do with at least half a match.

2 Likes

Do you think that this game is important enough to risk either of them?

Although they werenā€™t on the pitch for long on Sunday, they are both just coming back from injury, so I would be inclined to give them both more time to prepare for next Sunday.

4 Likes

Thanks @Lowton_Red and @Sweeting, I wasnā€™t aware we could register them so late, thought it had to be done earlier in the season (thought thatā€™s what made Nat unavailable), didnā€™t realise there was so much more flexibility with U21ā€™s.

4 Likes

They need football rhyme they did not play much so yes I will play them for that reason alone so one or both of them can play a full match against Fulham and Spurs.

1 Like

They could do worse than listening to the Anfield Rap.

Actuallyā€¦ No, they couldnā€™t. I take that back.

5 Likes

Mascot had a good way to look at it by listing players who should not play. That covers the bulk of it.

The only variable is with 2-3 fringe first team squad players who arenā€™t getting a look in, but could do with some minutes, if fit to play e.g. Shaqiri, Minamino, Origi. If Ox is getting close it would be nice to give him a run out for part of it.

On the goalkeeper side of it, I would play Adrian. Kelleher is coming along nicely, learning how to play behind senior pros. Horses for courses. Leave him out of this one.

2 Likes

I would agree to let Kelleher sit this one out.
Suppose Alisson is not fully recovered yet, then you wouldnā€™t want to risk Kelleher unnecessarily

2 Likes

Please help me, was not that the correct phrase for describing that they need to get back on the pitch and get some playing time? I must confess I thought about it in Dutch and translate it into English.

2 Likes

Rhythm not rhyme?

2 Likes

Can we risk anything by playing the ā€œweakestā€ team at our disposal? Is there and requirement to play a competitive team? As others have seaid, Iā€™d imagine Klopp will go 50/50 ish to maintain the momentum whilst resting key players.

1 Like

Iā€™ll throw my hat in for central defense. Iā€™m 6ā€™9 so can repel the air attack. Has the least amount of running which is perfect as well because the only think I run anymore is my mouth

7 Likes
5 Likes

Rare footage of @Alright_Now in the background.

14 Likes

Iā€™m available for a late cameo appearance of the bench if needed. Last 15 or so just to close the game out. Iā€™m 6ā€™2 so no problems with high balls and crosses against midgetland if they go route 1 in search of a consolation.

4 Likes