Pre Match | RB Leipzig vs Liverpool | CL Second Round First Leg | Tuesday February 16th 20:00h | Puskas Arena

Having g had a few days to reflect, put my dummy back in and get my toys back in the pram I WILL now be watching this. Yesterday’s pressers have changed my mood so much.

As ever, I will trust Jürgen and his team to come up with the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. I’ll add Hendo and leadership to inspire our lads to get it done.

COYR :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Ah I hope we win.

I made the mistake earlier of looking at the PL table.

Depressing stuff.

3 Likes

Cheer up Richie, we’re only 6 points off 2nd place, it could be worse!

All I want tonight is a solid performance, without any major mistakes, that’s not too much to ask is it? :wink:

Jota’s got a private plane, and let’s it out when he’s not playing! :rofl:

I think there will be a determined effort by the lads and Jurgen will have got them fired up.
Jordan was very bullish in his interview. He is a great Captain.

3 Likes

I can’t see us winning the midfield battle here!

I was reading abit about Julien Nagelsmann. He’s 2 years younger than James Miller! :smiley:

2 Likes

The game isn’t at Anfield and even at Anfield there wouldn’t be those indomitable thousands. There wouldn’t be the colorful tapestry of banners & flags, there wouldn’t be the raucous symphony of YNWA & allez allez allez.

But millions of us, world over, holds a tiny piece of Anfield, in our hearts. As our 11 warriors descend upon the eeriness of the Puskas Arena, let’s ignite the spirits of YNWA & Allez Allez Allez. Our voices will not reach their ears, but our spirits will definitely soar.

2 Likes

Up to my bum in snow, and 10 degrees F.

Won’t stop the cheers coming from here!

YNWA COYR :+1:

4 Likes

Just. Avoid. Defeat.

2 Likes

Draw with them. They’re shit.

7 Likes

Score some goals. I think this is most important, coming away from matches knowing you can score. Then the progression is obvious, score as many as the opposition (draw) and eventually score more than the opposition (win).

1 Like

…except in european ties with the away goal rule ! :grimacing:

1 Like

Score draw away, 0-0 draw for the home tie would do nicely. :smiley:

3 Likes

I think it is a 50/50 chance for a win for us despite not being the team we were last season, primarily because Anfield gives us an edge even without crowds (we know our pitch and the size of it better than everyone else) and because Leipzig is not in their best form ever from what I have been able to deduce (but it is good, far superior to ours).
So home ground will make a 2-1 victory to us slightly more likely than a 2-1 victory to them, but it is close. They are a good team in better form. But on Champions League days anything can happen I guess.

I am not too expectant and hopeful, I will take what I get served from Liverpool. But there is absolutely no reason to expect a solid Liverpool win. Don’t do that, chances of getting disappointed much too high. I’ll support the team myself with very low expectations.

2 Likes

Never fear.

I broke out the slumpbuster jersey again. only the second time this year.

It will not fail us. Come on lads, pull it together for the gaffer and given these Leipzig kids a thrashing.

6 Likes

I am just wary of the pain you feel when you hope and expect too much and in the end get served too little. I mean, I commend your spirit and I commend your support. I am just a bit more luke warm when it comes to expectations myself after having been burned after what ended up being false dawns. I hope for the best and expect less, that way I can fool my brain in a way that gives me a better experience if we play better than expected and if the result is better than expected, while lessening the pain if we disappoint. Because I don’t intend to waste my evening with tears and grief if we lose.

2 Likes

We have played well for over an hour and looked better than the opposition in our last two matches. This time we just need to be able to maintain our form after inevitable substitutions around the 70 minute mark.

1 Like

Tbf it’s not so much stooping the other team scoring, in the most part we concede very few goals (just occassionally do we have complete brainfarts). The problem really is scoring more than the opposition.

1 Like

Aren’t both legs being played in Hungary ?

2 Likes