Pre Match | Real Madrid vs Liverpool | CL Quarter Final first leg | Tuesday April 6th 20:00h | Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano

I too agree Gini and Jota need to start… who knows who drops out though… big call from Klopp.

A few possible changes from Saturday.
Gini for Milner 433
Jota for Bobby 433
Jota for Milner 4231

With Ramos out I think Klopp goes for the away goal by using option 3. Fabinho/Thiago as the double 6, with Salah rotating with Jota as the front man.

But…
Maybe Gini being rested on Saturday is more of an indication of starting tonight?
Jota simply has to start so its then Mane or Bobby to be benched?

I fucking hate these cunts so I am hoping and praying for a 3-0 hiding with Salah scoring a brace.

4 Likes

That should do.

2 Likes

Big game tonight lads, this is what it is all about. Nights like these. I am very excited. COYR!

You’ve heard it here first. Bobby to score tonight.

1 Like

Yeah, that is fantastic, I wish Liverpool had something similar at Kirkby.

When we played them in the final we were without Gomez and Matip :grimacing:

Fabinho (former Real Madrid player) and Jota (former Atletico player) were not Liverpool players back then.

Anyway, I didn’t expect Hazard surely for the first game, but maybe he has a chance for the return leg to be on the bench or something. Ramos and Carvajal out are blows, but Valverde is back and he might provide some extra balance for that right side. They can either go with Vazquez at RB with Nacho at LCB alongside Varane or maybe Militao at CB and Nacho at RB. They played 3 at the back at the weekend, not something they play very often, so we’ll see. Casemiro, Modric and Kroos are absolute nailed on starters, been one of the best central midfields in last years. Benzema, probably Asensio and then one more spot either a more balanced player like Valverde or someone who goes in behind like Vinicius.

1 Like

I’m thinking,

1. A scorcher from Fabinho
  2. A curler (FK) from TAA
  3. A thumping header from Kabak

Calling @PeachesEnRegalia @Commando and @Lowton_Red for their customary posts.

1 Like

Think it might be this:

Alisson
Trent Phillips Kabak Robertson
Thiago Fabinho Wijnaldum
Salah Jota Mane

Subs: Adrian, R. Williams, Davies, N. Williams, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Jones, Chamberlain, Shaqiri, Firmino, Origi.

3 Likes

Jota in for Bobby. Gini in for Milner. Given how poor we are at home these days I think we need to win this one tonight. Big test for the new CB partnership.

3 Likes

Breaking news: Varane has tested positive, will miss both games.

So it’s Militao and Nacho at CB.

7 Likes

Hope he is without symptoms. Get well soon after tomorrow in a week.

2 Likes

Basically means they will have to go 4-3-3

Curtouis
Vazquez Nacho Militao Marcelo
Modric Casemiro Kroos
Asensio Benzema Vinicius

2 Likes

Something like that, yeah. Though with Militao at RCB and Nacho at LB. Mendy ahead of Marcelo. Maybe Valverde starts instead of Vinicius to give them a bit more balance.

2 Likes

I think it will be Vini or Isco

1 Like

That is also a possibility, something closer to a diamond, like they played it in Kiev. But with Vazquez almost nailed on to start at RB, he will need some protection against our dangerous left side.

1 Like

Forgot that they have Odriozola back, but he’s probably not ready to start in a game like this, was injured for a while.

I am really looking forward to watching our midfield against them. Fabinho destroying, Wijnaldum to harry and Thiago to pull some strings is really quite decent on paper. I hope we don’t give them too much respect as that three has more than enough to match them. Thiago, in particular, is made for games like this.

3 Likes

Our midfield should be better equipped this time, yeah. Gini was our RCM in Kiev and went against Kroos, Milner was our LCB and went against Modric. This time Gini will go against Modric and Thiago will go against Kroos. Fabinho will be really important as a help to our CB’s because the work Benzema does as a false 9 is arguably the best in football. We will fancy our chances off the ball, they will fancy their technique all across the pitch against our press.

1 Like