Pre-match: Southampton v Liverpool, Sunday 28th May, 16:30

Given the amount of football he’s played since returning from his knee injury a few years ago, it should be a priority to get him some rest whenever we can.

Ox doesnt even make the bench on a day we’re giving shots to squad players.

1 Like

Klopp is so sentimental.

1 Like

Well spotted, I hadn’t noticed that but now that you mention it, it does seem a little odd. This line up does seem to have a lot of goodbyes involved.

Going for our slowest midfeilders and attack, interesting tactic! :rofl:

Jurgen gave up on Ox after the Brighton debacle in January, a game in which he was absolutely terrible. Since then he’s played played barely a half of football and he hasn’t been in a squad for the last ten fixtures.

We’re just starting pre-season early, as we do in these situations!

It’s also possible that he nurtures some physical niggle again. It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Poor bugger.

(Same goes for Keita, who isn’t involved.)

Good luck Liverpool, i am your beautiful city. Will miss the match.
Saw loads of nervous Evertonians.

1 Like

I haven’t published it yet, so I guess you’ll just have to believe me, but the three Southampton youngsters on the bench - Sam Amo-Ameyaw, Kami Doyle and Dominic Ballard are the three I have picked as their “ones to watch” for 2023/2024.

1 Like

With Ox’s injury record, why risk his chances of a new contract elsewhere with this dead rubber.

1 Like

If he had had his way Milner would have been staying, sometimes he needs protecting from himself. Milner is so poor these days as per todays showing so far.

Strange not to give Elliot or Fabio a chance.

1 Like

Wow, that was fuckin shocking by Lavia

1 Like

Good grief, no wonder they are going down with defending like that. Very easy 1:0.

Lavia already made the move, what an assist.

1 Like

Lavia already connecting with his new teammates nicely.

2 Likes

Jota scored after a huge mistake from Lavia. Very poor awareness! If that was a liverpool player, he would have been pilloried all over social media!

£5m off the asking price

Thats a shame for Romeo, although not a great decision by the keeper to pass it to him either.