PreGame | Crystal Palace - Liverpool | PL Matchday 25 | Saturday February 25th 19:45h | Selhurst Park

right into the round file

With Konate back in training he might partner Virgil for this.

3 Likes

We can only hope and pray ā€¦

If Konate doesnā€™t make it Nat Phillips deserves a chance. Might just help get us over the line like 2 years ago.

1 Like

Totally agree with this.

And I keep the first 25 minutes as something I didnā€™t expect to see at all this season. A clear sign that itā€™s not lost indefinitely, but we can still bring this in a game, or that finally we can bring it in a game once again.
If Konate returns and can build a more solid partnership with VVD, it looks promisingā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to think we are going to go into this game and show everyone what were made of and smash palace.

Reality is though I think mentally and physically were done for.

Sad times

Stillā€¦itā€™s only palace,ā€¦ 3-0 :pray:

Our second half effort against Madrid was appalling and Iā€™m sure we learnt from that,I hope, I donā€™t expect it to happen again.
Top 4 is probably doable as long as we donā€™t reverting to losing games, so fingers out lads, we can win this by a couple.
As someone else commented Salah and Nunez seem to understand each other, did seem unlikely but it is well worth working on.

I completely agree. Maybe I am guilty of wearing rose tinted glasses or being a glass half full individual. But, We have definitely been a lot better recently and I feel the Madrid result was never a 5-2 scoreline.
As you stated, lets just keep it tight and progress from there :+1:t2:.

2 Likes

Madrid or Brighton, the way we played after the first 30 minutes or so was unacceptable, it was embarrasing. From the team, atmosphere and Klopp himself.

We can say that weā€™re part of Napoliā€™s only 3 defeats so far this season (although they slapped us in Italy), beat City twice, beat Newcastle twice, gave Arsenal a good run for their money, etc.

But overall itā€™s still largely below standard.

Anyway, Palace team news:

• Nathan Ferguson remains sidelined, while Joel Ward remains a potential injury doubt.
  • Sam Johnstone may not return to action until April because of his injury.
  • Wilfried Zaha remains ruled out with a hamstring injury.
  • Tyrick Mitchellā€™s ankle, which he sustained against Brentford, isnā€™t thought to be serious, so he could be in contention to play here.
  • James Tomkins could return, after missing out last weekend owing to personal reasons.

Also, not sure where this problem with Selhurst Park comes from, I mean, other than 2-3 games from really in the past that were bad memory.

We have 8 wins in a row against them away (with a 24-7 goal difference), which includes 7 games under Klopp and one game under Rodgers.

They can be solid, have a good atmosphere, tricky going forwardā€¦ but I donā€™t see it as being anything tricker for us this season than some other teams around them. Probably less so even.

It could be tricky mainly because of us, not so much them.

4 Likes

3-3 has stuck in the mind I guess.

Mind you even that without the gung-ho attacking probably ends up as a win.

I think that says a lot, the players quality is in there somehow, the feelings I have been getting is up to stepping on the pitch it all feels normal and then for some reason it drops.

Itā€™s a culmination of so many factors, itā€™s guess work what we get on Saturday.

1 Like

There is no excuse for not winning, they should all give up football if they canā€™t get the basics right which is all that is needed.

Another Manchester referee for us.

Referee: Darren England. Assistants: Dan Cook, Dan Robathan. Fourth official: Steve Martin. VAR: Andre Marriner. Assistant VAR: Richard West.

They hadnā€™t got the basics right for quite sometime already!

Itā€™s a bit of an oxymoron. Arenā€™t they all from Manchester. It seems like it.

Jordan Henderson, with 15, has made more appearances for the Reds against Palace than any other player in the clubā€™s history.

1 Like

Poor bastard!

1 Like

Another 345am match :expressionless:

1 Like

Donā€™t want to tempt fate but England doesnā€™t particularly stick in the mind.

He sent off a Man City player against Fulham a rarity in itself. Was sadly in charge of that Brighton game so probably the reason I wanted to forget him.