PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

Elliott is young and having a tough time at present. Jones, has rarely been available this season, so why would they start?
As a team we were awful, so starting a different ineffective player over Ox would not have changed much.

1 Like

Just hope Klopp doesnt get tired of fighting with one arm tied behind his back and pull the pin.

He has no choice but to take responsibility for these garbage performances because he knows he has to try and cover for how poor the players are playing. And the reality is with no new options at his disposal he has to make do with what he has so heaping blame on players who clearly deserve it serves no purpose.

We didn’t find an alternative to help the squad avoid what we are seeing now. Were there no other quality midfielders available last summer?

I recalled seeing some posters giving a whole WOT saying how oil money will make LFC no longer the LFC they knew and they will not see LFC play again…

1 Like

Liverpool was a shambles! Completely outmatched, outmuscled, and outplayed!

Surely FSG will acknowledge we need REINFORCEMENTS in midfield NOW, not next summer!

We’re currently in 9th place, not even qualifying for Europa League! Enough heads in the sands, DO SOMETHING about this mess!

FSG will tell you we got 10 mids, what more do you want? They don’t know their Hendersons from their Bellinghams. They only know we have plenty of bodies. Remember, the only sport they know intimately in their portfolio is Baseball and Baseball got no need for constant running.

If the money for new players isnt available then it isnt available. Think Klopp has been been pretty clear we dont have endless money.

Theres no point in grabbing any old player it has to fill the need or it is wasted and thats worse than doing nothing at all.

This should have been addressed last summer and chickens are coming hine to roost just like when we didnt sign a CB only this is far worse.

Last nights game was like watching a cup game against some scrapper low division team only we where the scrappers.

It our worst game under Klopp ever.

We don’t need endless money. We just need FSG to put in a bit of money to do a few things :

1. Find the right people to fill up our scouting team so as to ensure our type of scouting remains the same: once in a while a blockbuster supplemented by taking risks on unproven players at the right price. All of which at the prime age of 23- 27

2. If we are going to overshoot our budget by a bit for the FY, be flexible and allow it so that we can have the time to slowly replace the aging team without affecting too much of the on-field performance.

3. If we are getting bloated in the midfield and for some reason the outgoings have stopped due to various reasons, be brave and take the loss with mutual terminations of contracts (or selling at a loss) or allowing contracts to expire naturally so as to free up registration spaces. The timing of the Arthur deal, the failure to get the outgoings done before the pre-season starts and the extension of Milly’s deal and the long extension of Hendo’s deal in 2021 are great examples of how dysfunctional our backroom has become since 2021.

I think there is an argument to be had that there is a middle ground between Rafa like pragmatism in getting a body in to cover a position and Klopp idealism. We’ve discovered that not all transfer decisions end up like VVD who we were willing to wait for, there could surely have been a bracket below the likes of Bellingham and Tchoumeni who would improve the midfield and still be useful as and when we could actually move for Jude or the like.

Instead, there was this weird insistence right up to the last week of the window that we didn’t need a midfielder.

3 Likes

Where have we arrived in a matter of a few months:

1. The most terrifying thing for yesterday’s game , was that most of us were already expecting a loss last night, the only question was the scoreline !!
    Just goes to show how badly the players have thrown in the towel. I have said it before and I will stick to it. Alot of what is happening is because of mental tiredness of going again and again and again.
    This team needed a lift with 2 or 3 world class additions in the summer , after losing the league, CL and Mane. No matter how good Darwin is…his signing won’t set a fire in the belly for any of our players that we will go for everything now.

2. Just watch Klopp’s face right after the 3rd goal went in.:frowning: He knows it…these players are throwing this great man under the bus. They are giving FSG a free run to hide behind this narrative come summer, that the manager is not able to do his job well, instead of them backing him to build a legacy at peak.

3. If we still chose to completely ignore FSG’s blame in our current situation and keep blaming the players and manager for our current plight, then I am sorry to say, in a few months time, we will all see Klopp leaving with all the questioning of his methods, players handling and all…with FSG hiding behind that we needed to make a change , as it was going no where. And , we will end up with again 50-60 million to spend in the summer again.
    There isn’t enough money in the club to buy 2-3 world class additions. How much do people want to hear in explicit words from Klopp to understand that. ? He is not Rafa and isn’t willing to wash the dirty linen in public. So, he will not criticize them in public and say the famous words.
    Gakpo was signed because there was no contigency for long term absentees for Diaz and Jota. With Bobby also dealing with a long term problem, if Darwin or Salah gets injured, who plays in our attack. So, Anyone blaming Klopp for overlooking the midfield , and buying Gakpo first , needs to balance out their perspective. Apart from Arthur, none of the midfield is having a long term injury.
    Yes, we are shite in midfield, but we need numbers to make a line up first and foremost in attack as well.

Lastly, I think FSG needs to bite the bullet and sell asap. If this will take time, they need to loosen the purse strings this month and add 2 world class players. You spend money , every damn player is then available. (okay barring the ones who only want to play for Madrid/Barca). We are a sinking ship and I don’t care how they get the money, beg…borrow…steal, but spend and save this current state of the club. There is no point doing PR spins through reporters that we have 250 million to spend in summer. There might not be this manager with us by then and the whole narrative will change. We need a surgery now …not the summer. Give the manager a free hand once ffs and I am sure he can get some players to inject some energy into this team.
    Look at Chelsea, they are atleast doing everything they can on the market to buy the best, to salvage their chances of saving this season. They just bought Mudryk under the noses of Arsenal. Just goes to show , you put the money where the mouth is …and you will have the players you need.
    Lot of players are available right now …who can come and definitely inject energy and desire into this team, are the owners willing to spend ? Nah, they would rather spend 300 million on a players contract in Red socks, but aren’t willing to save our manager, our club.They have done their bit, good stuff over the years…However, under times like these , actions speak louder than words, and they have 15 days to show that.

4. Something has to change now and not next month, if we are to save this season and our manager. Alot of people said yesterday, trying the same thing over and over again will not work anymore.
    We either buy atleast 2 world class additions in the squad before January to give this team a lift. Or, get someone in the coaching staff to offer a counter advice to boss and help him. I dunno who can come, Buvac may b ? or if none of this is possible(FSG will give us 250 million in summer to spend eh, :joy:), then, at the very least we need a new formation and put players in the line up who will show desire…

5. My line up for the rest of the season now will be (5-3-2) formation:

Trent - Ibou - Nat - Matip(or Virgil) - Robbo
    Thiago (Fab)
    Keita(Hendo) - Cavarlho(Arthur)
    (Doak)Salah - Darwin(Gakpo)

• The players in brackets are the ones that should come off the bench, except Virgil who is injured.
    I have kept 3 CB’s with especially Nat being there. A old school defender who won’t be scared to get stuck in and put a challenge in, with 2 pacy CB’s.
    Play Thiago at 6, his best position till date.
    Keita and Cavarlho gives us the creativity we need in the middle with Thiago behind.And, yes ditch the press ,and play counter attacking football with possesion at best. Just like we did when Klopp started his regime.
  1. We are currently the laughing stock of the league. I just hope we don’t lose out on our manager by this shit show which is being going on and off the pitch. With all the negatives I can see, the table still showed 18 games played last night. Unbelievable , that half a season is still left. It either gets better or worse. But to be better, we need to change something this month, or we will end up sacrificing our beloved manager in June, who will take the fall for players and FSG both.
1 Like

You undid any good work by the first line of paragraph 6

No post match thread :exploding_head:, even @Mascot has become a passenger these days :crazy_face:

4 Likes

There’s always a silver lining. We got beat by a good team, what’s City’s excuse?

4 Likes

Watch Ox’s lack of positional awareness or ability to complete a fuckin forward pass for the past three weeks and tell me that Jones couldn’t do that in his sleep

Ox has (and is showing) nothing to play for. Dead weight. At least Naby tries, why is he not starting a game when healthy? ÂŁ53mil sub?

Problem is, nobody wants them at current salary. Dead weight

2 Likes

First caller. Makes some on here sound sane.

Mate don’t subject yourself to these idiots, that’s just sado-masochism. You’ll either want to throttle them or rip your hair out

1 Like

We’ve got Wolves up next, and Chelsea, can’t see us getting anything out of that

He obviously hasn’t seen anything of Chelsea this season, for as bad as we are, they are even worse. No chance Chelsea will get anything out of the game next Saturday

I think that’s the idea. Talk Sport’s presenters have a sign on the wall in the studio saying “Wind them up and watch them dance”

And yet 99% of people are dumb enough to fall into their trap time and time again

1 Like

Didn’t know that but that makes total sense