PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

They might not get anything…however don’t discount us gifting them a few

1 Like

The way they are playing, they would probably gift us more.

Could easily see it finishing 3 (Fofana OG, Azpilicueta OG, Chelobah OG) - 2 (Matip OG, Robertson OG)

Bert + Ernie Mk 1 = Carragher & Neville

Bert + Ernie Mk2 = Sutton & Savage

1 Like

I think on current form we can make any team look good and/or play them into form…

The sad thing is I’m not sure how we get out of this relatively quickly. We either work on a new system (which was attempted is the first half) or do a Forrest and buy a team and hope some of them work by the end of the season/beginning of the next out or something in the middle. Short of taking rash decisions, my guess would be we will opt for the first of the choices.

Either way, with the players we have, we really should be doing better. Salah wide out right seems off atm - too often too isolated or too crowded. CG is finding his feet - though (I know this is controversial) why we bought him is really unclear to me. We haven’t worked out how to use Elliot. The middle is a mess; Thiago tries but I think has too much to do and I find Hendo’s and Fab’s roles unclear.

I’m sure there is a game plan but it is now being skewed to fit around all sorts of secondary issues - injuries, the players we have and possibly a bit of jade and fade… Ultimately it is not working.

2 Likes

Some players have thrown the towel that’s true. And it was terrifying that I was expecting a loss after seeing the lineup. I had a vibe from the time we lined up spearing and shelvey in the middle of the pitch.

Let us not forget that we have a long list of absences esepecially in the attack, the kind of those who, like Mane, used to fight to keep the ball and provide a little magic. I am talking of Diaz and Firmino. Heck, imagine Jota instead of Chamberlain with that header. The list of our injured forwards is: Firmino, Diaz, Nunez, Jota.

That cannot be easy for any team to replace such players, especially in a period of transition where we’d like them to be playing and form relationships… it is from there that our problems arise, with a weak midfield or not if we can’t keep the ball and be a threat in the attacking 3rd.

In my opinion, it’s the worst mix, with the mentioned lack of investment in the midfield options, almost all of our forwards that can keep the ball (or score) injured and the transition of the team.
I think and trust Klopp that he will steady the ship once we get some of the attacking options back. Note that I said steady the ship not bring us back the last year’s version of the team. It’s not pleasant for us, but we have to keep supporting him, we’ve been spoilt for years and I appreciate it a lot that he extended his contract to prepare us for another few years.

2 Likes

Need to stop the talk about money…

Smart business and good coaching lacking at liverpool.

1 Like

Doesn’t matter if you’re not spending at all.

1 Like

Here’s something for a perspective I read this morning:

In the last 10 games, Man City only have one more point than Liverpool !!!

3 Likes

Feels like a bit of a watershed moment (not for the first time this season). A lot of you throw shade at our young players but I wouldn’t mind Klopp dropping the senior players and seeing what the likes of Jones, Elliot etc can do for the rest of the season (assuming there aren’t going to be any midfield signings). Time to move on from the old guard and build for the future.

1 Like

Elliott has been playing and struggling.

2 Likes

True, but hasn’t been starting for a while. I’d rather we put our trust in him and allow him game time to improve than keep watching tired performances from Hendo and Fab.

1 Like

For me Bajcetic and Morton are better suited for a team struggling.

1 Like

Totally agree

I wouldn’t mind seeing Klopp experiment with a midfield trio of:
Carvalho - Bajcetic - Trent
(Gomez @ RB)

Give them a 3-5 games together. Could be a complete fucking disaster, which would still be an improvement.

1 Like

GIF by Steve Harvey TV

I do think Bajectic in there with Hendo/Fabinho and Thiago wouldn’t be the worst idea let’s face it, it’s gone beyond attempting the same first team again and expecting something different.

Gomez’s 20 minutes manages to end up in this compilation a few times.

:joy:

#ModernDefender

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Thf9RTbjWus

We have the best coach in the world.

But yes agree that it’s not all about money. I find the idea that we couldn’t sign Tchouameni (or now Bellingham) so won’t sign anyone totally ridiculous. There are thousands of CMs out there. Go and find the next Caicedo or Mitoma

1 Like

Agreed, however he’s currently not performing at his highest level.

Tbf to Joe he’s not even in the picture for half the clip…