PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

Shin kicking is for wimps :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Well he was given 1-2 games still as Milner so I assume this will be 1-2 games as opposed to the 4 that Milner missed or even more than Firmino has missed.

Anyhow perhaps give Doak a chance. It might be his only game he starts. Especially if Darwin is fit from the bench.

How is firmino still injured ffs!

1 Like

How do we get all those injuries year after year ā€¦

Heavy metal football. :slight_smile:

Have not seen HM football in a while ā€¦

1 Like

It usually occurs when we play everton or any other team that thinks kicking the shit out of our players is acceptable,

1 Like

Not seen that since a long time, mate. But going by the number of injuries, the training sessions seem to be heavy metal football for sure! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Exactly.

Joking of course, but maybe Kloppā€™s way and the latest changes in medical department played a part. We have evolved, but we certainly didnā€™t change our principles.

I just feel like we didnā€™t do a good pre-season. Could be something deeper than that.

The start of next season after a free summer of 2023 will give us such answers.

4 Likes

Sure feels like bare bones, hoping we get a bit of siege mentality. Think I would go for;

-------------Becker--------------
TAAā€“Konateā€“Matipā€“Robbo
----------Fabā€”Thiago--------
ā€“Ox-------Elliot--------Jones
------------Salah---------------

Gakpo, Carvalho, Hendo and Keita to come on to make an impact.

Now knowing who we have/donā€™t have available.

Alisson Trent Matip Konate Robbo Milner Thiago Keita Doak Salah Gakpo

But whatever team he puts out, may god have mercy on us.

You must be on the wind up with that shite.

Jones is going to be our saviour. Youā€™ll see.

Heā€™s injured, isnā€™t he?

Ffs, didnā€™t see him mentioned so just assumed he would have been back in training by now.

Gonna be the bigger man here Aurelio and refrain myself getting reeled in.

I watched the tail end, and what is surely going to be the talking point, of the pre-match press conference.

JĆ¼rgen does not seem like a happy man. Most people are going to focus on the money part of the rant, but I feel like few people are going to acknowledge the problem he was talking about with regards to our squad. Money will not solve our injury problems, which, I infer, is what he views as the biggest problem right now. If we buy more players we have to de-register some unless we ease some out of the door, and I feel as though he doesnā€™t seem inclined to do either.

With regards to the money bit, I think many people will think that heā€™s criticising FSG for not spending more, but I think itā€™s plainer to see that heā€™s more tired of the questions rather than what he has to work with, especially if you take into context the fact that he signed for us with those expectations in mind, and has renewed his contract three times. On the other hand, he has consistently spoken against the talk of transfers, and the questions thereof in interviews.

Which brings me to my criticism. Instead of constantly talking about buying and buying and buying, and writing about (and getting impressed by) clubs splashing money about, why not focus on how some clubs are better run than others, especially with regards to financial (and footballing prudence)?

3 Likes

Jones is so weird these days that journalists forget to ask about him.

Came off the bench against Brentford, but was again misteriously missing against Wolves.

1 Like

I saw an interview with Jones where he was discussing his injuries. Sounded a bit odd, for example this eye injury that turned out to be several weeks outage.

He still looks good to me when heā€™s on but thereā€™s clearly something thatā€™s not quite gelling with him.

Just saving him for the big one I expect. Heā€™s like a caged animal ready to fight.