PreMatch | Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 20 | Saturday January 14th 15:00h | Amex Stadium

Are you talking about injuries or when playing?

Think Jürgen explained that it could have been a lot worse, that he could have gone blind if he was playing/training during that time?

With or without Nunez, I’d probably shift the structure to 4-4-2 at least for this one. Even with a more narrow midfield, but having a mobile duo up top in Salah and Gakpo.

We don’t have a performing single #6 right now, tuck Thiago more inside alongside Fabinho, play Hendo in the right half space, offer more protection, release Salah more centrally (but not alone of course).

On the left, it would then possibly be Ox. Jones would be an option if he’s fit and can start/play for an hour. Keita could potentially do it as well.

Have Salah as the right sided striker and Gakpo as the left sided one, coming a bit deeper than Mo to combine more, receive, turn, etc.

2 Likes

I assume Curtis is fit based on that.

3 Likes

I missed that he played in the U21 match, should have paid more attention!

The injuries mainly. It’s like he never quite gets fully fixed. If he gets a decent run in the team I think his playing will be fine. I mean the entire team isn’t gelling at the moment but I don’t think that’s down to any one player.

1 Like

2-3 to us. We’ll get a goal on 35th - 40th minute, control the game without looking likely to score a second, they’ll peg one back in the 74th minute, crowd will get into it, we’ll turn to water diarrhea but against the run of play Mo will complete his brace in the 89th.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m sure we’ll handle Mitoma just fine :grimacing:

He’s been playing as a false #9 lately, but dropped in the last two games (maybe he also had an issue), so who knows. Contract also running out this upcoming summer.

Yeah, this has been going on since they returned from the world cup. De Zerbi’s comments made it seem like Trossard was expecting a bid to come in for him and was phoning it in while waiting for it to be resolved.

Anyway, a team with supposedly no midfield now going up against a side with 2 players in their midfield we’re supposedly interested in. What could go wrong? I wonder if getting rolled over by that midfield would change anything in our perspective for the rest of the window?

No transfer moaning in my match day thread please.

1 Like

I expect fair bit in the post match thread. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Is that because you expect us to lose?

Even if we somehow get something I can’t see it being pretty. But I’d take points over performance.

5 Likes

meh forget it GIF by Denyse

You Got This Do It GIF by Gerbert!

1 Like

I’m fucking dreading it tbh. I fully expect another shitshow. :frowning:

1 Like

I love the reverse psychology on this board for this match. low expectations :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

It might just work !

What a surprised, didn’t see that one coming…