PreMatch | Liverpool vs Chelsea | PL Matchday 8 | Sunday October 20th 16:30h

And now for some Robbie Mustoe analysis.

1 Like

This is the first game against a top side, this season and Iā€™m not impressed.

We really miss Macca in the middle of the park.

Fortunately Iā€™m not impressed with the other top side either

1 Like

Weā€™ve had so many penalty claims our coverage isnt even covering the Colwill one on Mo

That makes no sense at all. The nutmeg happened because Jones poked it through it his legs as the goalie lunged at him.

3 Likes

Update:

Mustoe: Chelsea is playing well

They were the better side for the first 30mins without really doing much, we slowly came back in after the pen and actually managed to keep the ball in their half.

Defensively weā€™ve been excellent.

3 Likes

It does :laughing:

1 Like

They are planning away from home, missing some key players (as are we) and look like the better side.

They are keeping the ball, we arenā€™t.

1 Like

lavia breaking our cool aid pressā€¦ can see why we wanted him

As long as they dont score Iā€™m very happy for them to play as well as they like.

6 Likes

Do Chelsea have key players other than Palmer?

4 Likes

We are missing some key players as well and we are defending better.

Close. But if theyā€™re a top side, we are easily one too.

Agree on possession but that improved through the half, I thought.

4 Likes

Are you taking the piss or what?

2 Likes

To be fair, you can get a touch on the ball and still foul.
The ball goes beyond the keeper, so Jones will score if he isnā€™t fouled.
I think it should be a penalty.

2 Likes

Again, I reckon this is part of the gameplan from Slot. If Chelsea have looked susceptible to counters so far this season, then we look to be trying to take advantage of it, and it seems to be working so far.

One thing Iā€™ve noticed about Slot so far is that he isnā€™t married to a particular play style if he thinks he can do something to exploit a weakness in the opposing side. Very different to Klopp who had a football philosophy and stuck to it no matter what - sometimes to his detriment.

2 Likes

The problem i have with the overturn of the decision is the bar for clear and obvious wasnā€™t breachedā€¦its such a tight call that it shouldnā€™t even require intervention from VAR.

Then i realised Michael Oliver is on VARā€¦makes senseā€¦and no one disagrees with Olā€¦

1 Like

Haha @Limiescouse

4 Likes

Interesting decision on the pressing scheme. But the spacing and the defensive transitions needs to be cleaned up a bit, especially in the wide areas.

Slot seems to be happy to cede some level of possession, but we need to control things better, especially when the ball turns overā€¦

Nunez has certainly spiced things up since coming onā€¦

1 Like

2 Likes

Why doesnā€™t it, Jones gets all tied up the contact from the keeper changes the angle, if Jones was going for the megs he should have toe poked it.

You honestly think that was a penalty?