PreMatch | Liverpool - West Ham | PL Matchday 12 | Wednesday October 19th 19:30h | Anfield

Need to pick up 6 points from West Ham and Forest otherwise yesterdays win would be pretty pointless even though enjoyable.

2 Likes

I vividly remember last year (away match) when Ali was sandwiched between Ogbona and… Zouma? and couldn’t even get to the ball. No foul on GK course. It’s supposed to be Ali’s fault and own goal.

How clumsy from a “world class” keeper, right Mr. Pawson?

I was confident for a Cheaty game but not this one. I just hope we do our basic defending and clearings like yesterday. I don’t want to see fancy passings out of a tightly packed defense and then 2 passes later losing the ball ideally for their overlap. Make it simple for now and everything will fall into place.

4 Likes

This, 100%. Play hoofball if required, keep it simple.

2 Likes

Anything else than 3 points against WH would be a letdown. Trent to start if fit and give Milly a well deserved rest after a top performance against city. Jota will be hard to replace but Nunez should do the job upfront with Firminho and Salah.
Another clean sheet will be a bonus.

2 Likes

Smash them, they’re shit.

Lads, it’s fucking Moyes.

12 Likes

Trent and Henderson will probably come back in, Jones should be ready for minutes, we need to start keeping clean sheets and going on a winning run to get within touching distance of top 4 before the World Cup.

1 Like

The real villain that day was Attwell on VAR and he just happens to be the ref on Wednesday.

Clear foul on Alisson for the 1st goal and one of the most blatant red card offences I have ever seen when Cresswell went in two-footed on Henderson.
Attwell thought it was fine, just like he thought the Brighton 'keeper clattering Diaz a few weeks later was fine.
He’s a fucking disgrace.

6 Likes

We put a lot into the brilliant win over Man City. So maybe we need to consider a couple of changes? Or maybe you don’t mess with a winning team, and let them go again, and if they start to tire early, use the subs?

I can see both sides to that. Obviously Jota is out too, so I would put Nunez in for him.

Trent coming back from his knock is a conundrum of sorts, as teams have got at us down his flank this season, whereas we really looked solid with Milner against Man City, and also looked a bit more solid when Gomez played right back this season too. Gomez also showed his athleticism and pace to get up and down the flank.

Still, Trent at or near his best is by far the best option, so we should probably go with him, if fit enough, and trust him to play his way back to top form.

We also need to work out how to play Salah and Nunez together, no matter what the formation. If we can get that to click it will boost our prospects enormously.

If we approach this one with anything like the way we approached the City game, we will win, and win well.

Hopefully we go on a run and get back into the top four reckoning by the time of the World Cup break, and then let’s see what the landscape looks like after that.

2 Likes

Klopp always goes with Trent if fit.

We’re lacking width up front and there are decisions to be made about the midfield. Will be interesting to see what Klopp does.

1 Like

Another good performance and win here and I might just begin to relax a little. Nunez or Carvalho on the left with Jota and Diaz out, Hendo back in and rest Thiago (I’d rather not… but seems pragmatic), is Trent ready to start?

----------------Becker--------------
Trent—Gomez—VVD— Robbo
---------Hendo----Fab--------------
-----Elliot—Bobby—Nunez----
---------------Salah-----------------

or?

Why is everyone dropping Thiago? Did I miss something?

5 Likes

Curtis Jones missed training yesterday …

Beat Fulham and Wolves, drew with Southampton and lost to Everton. We should be beating them.

Becker

TAA Gomez van Dijk Robertson

Elliott Henderson Fabinho Thiago

Salah Núñez

And FFS don’t let them catch us on the break.

1 Like

Wonder if we could see the diamond come back?

Mo Nunez up top with Bobby in behind orrrr…3 at the back :slight_smile:

---------------------Alisson------------------

-------Gomez-----Virgil-------Robbo----

Milner----Fab/Hendo----Thiago—Kostas

-------------------Bobby-----------------------

-----------Salah--------Nunez---------------

1 Like

I can’t see that happening although if we did go for that it would make more sense to play Kostos on the left of defence and have Robbo as the LM which is the position he usually plays for Scotland (with Arsenal’s Tierney on the left of the defence).

What’s going on here?

Maybe this could be a TAN code…

2 Likes

We’ve got a system that has seen an up turn in results but let’s change it?

If you feel we can’t go with Nunez or Carvalho on the left just push Robertson into that role. No point in trying to implement another system.

1 Like

Yes, I think Robertson will push forward and along with Elliott will cover the wide areas sending Salah and Nunez further infield.