PreMatch | Man City vs Liverpool | FA Cup Semi Final | Saturday April 16th 15:30h | Wembley

Bobby was fantastic yesterday and I’d like to see him start against City as well but I think Klopp showed his hand with the way he used his subs in that game.

I’m pretty sure we’ll see this:

Alisson
Trent Konate Virgil Robbo
Hendo Fabinho Thiago
Salah Jota Mane

This competition also has 5 subs though so we’ll see all of Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz and Bobby in this one as we have another huge match vs United in another 3 days.

Also I hope we press the shit out of them. They looked absolutely drained at the end of the Athletico game.

2 Likes

If true

1 Like

Say what? I never even knew such a thing existed. That’s just sacrilegious. Braai (BBQ) and beer goes with rugby like socks and shoes.

3 Likes

They’re obviously oxymorons

3 Likes

Can also be the only way to cope.

Zack Steffen started 3 of their 4 FA Cup games.

Did not start against Peterborough because of injury.

Wonder if Pep will start him on Saturday.

I’d like Robbo to put Foden through the ad hoardings in minute one and someone to smash KDB into the air to see if he really is carrying a knock.

2 Likes

The subs will be useful with this. I noticed that City only used three during their Atletico game, Sterling coming on for De Bruyne being the most significant (65 mins). I’m wondering whether they prioritise form or fitness in their starting XI.

Full strength team on Saturday and then rotatiton against United. I dont even think this is risky.United are so bad that we could beat them with the team that Klopp put yesterday.

4 Likes

Diogo a bit of a doubt because of a knock.

3 Likes

Yep…don’t believe anything they say…

1 Like

Imagine that, Klopp agreeing we were bad first half…

1 Like

Either I’m missing something here or you’re just making things up to go with your bias?

Where does he single out the first half, or say that we were bad? He said we weren’t at our best, does that equal bad automatically now?

4 Likes

Haha @Draexnael

1 Like

I understand these concepts are hard for you and your agenda to grasp.

Here you go

Take your pick of antonym.

I was kind and just gave him the 1st half as being poor, he went whole game! Ruthless Jurgen!

2 Likes

Let Pep figure this out
Alisson
Trent Matip VVD Robbo
Fab
Bobby Keita
Mane Divock Diaz
Shock and awe

1 Like

Gary you shock and awe’d me alright…Start Divock instead of the world’s best player?

4 Likes

Alisson
Trent Matip Virgil Robertson
Fabinho
Keïta Thiago
Salah Firmino Mané

Alison
Trent Matip Virgil Andy
Fabinho
Hendo Thiago
Salah Bobby Mane

Personally I’d go with Diaz over Mane but I can see both sides. In this case I’d expect:

Keita for Hendo
Diaz for Mane
Diogo for Bobby
Kostas for Andy

At some point in the match. I could also see Keita for Fabinho and dropping Jordan to the 6, depending on how things are going.

We really have a deep squad, except perhaps in midfield where the next sub is probably Curtis or Harvey, who I like but I don’t think would impact the game in the same way Diaz or Jota would coming on.

1 Like

Play Mane through the middle with Salah and Diaz as the wingers.

Jota Bobby Origi can be used as substitutes if need be. If Walker is injured , that leaves one flank for either Salah or Diaz to exploit.

1 Like