PreMatch | Man City vs Liverpool | FA Cup Semi Final | Saturday April 16th 15:30h | Wembley

Seemingly reports that De Bruyne and Walker are out for City. Atletico really did a job on them, didn’t they?

LFC request fixture change & De Bruyne out for semi – Liverpool FC Roundup : LFC request fixture change & De Bruyne out for semi - Liverpool FC Roundup - Liverpool FC - This Is Anfield

2 Likes

Can’t think that Bobby starts considering the subs, I think he has left the door open on Diaz

Anyhow Klopp will know what the issue was let’s see what he goes with.

If he doesn’t go with Bobby I’d love to see Diaz down Mane’s side and Mane in the centre as he will play both Mane and Salah.

1 Like

You can bet the overrated, fat, short sock, diving hairband wearing fucker will play.

I would like Hendo to get a rest (dropped). Bobby should start, and would really like Diaz to start, I just don’t think he will.

1 Like

Red Kev out?

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

5 Likes

Catalonian doctor evil’s tired mind games

1 Like
4 Likes

Since our last semifinals in FA Cup, we have been in three finals of European competitions. Pedigree.

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

5 Likes

“Not at our best” ≠ “The opposite of our best”.

Are you a football journalist, by any chance?

2 Likes

Haha @Draexnael

2 Likes

Rugby sorts who won’t watch a high level game of football are suspect, in my considerable experience*

• Perhaps exceptions for countries where Rugby is the national sport and football is not ubiquitous (ie nuw zuland)
1 Like

I think the whole poor display narrative vs City last Sunday is overplayed. Two heavyweights at their best, so a drop off in performance is magnified, especially by amateur pundits who spend most of the time in a criticism mode anyway.
Klopp recognised this slight drop off, but he wasn’t overtly critical. Of course the first half was bit harem scarem, but then it was vs City in the Ethihad, and we drew.
In matches like this the performance isn’t always the major issue, its always the result though.
By reading some accounts you would swear we were hammered by City. Its actually annoying to read criticism of the likes of Fabinho, Salah, Hendo because we were supposed to go there and hammer them.
Fabinho was below his norm, Salah didnt score, Thiago lost the ball…all fodder for negativity…

Maybe the narrative should read that at 95% of our usual best we drew away to a team that has all the riches in the world funding them. And at 95% we possibly could have won the match. Maybe a bit of credit and support when expectations are not met.

3 Likes

Massive tomorrow. Last week I couldn’t think of this match as I was consumed by the league match. Now this is fucking massive, and the nervy feeling has consumed me again.
We shouldn’t focus on KDB and Walker being out. They have enough on the bench to get over that. Of course KDB is a massive loss but they will adjust.
I just hope we find the extra gear, the slight drop off we experienced in a few recent games is bridged and we get a massive Wembley performance.
All very exciting at the moment.

4 Likes

I’ll have a go.

0 = worst : 10 = best

‘Not at our best’ = anywhere from 1-9

2 Likes

One man’s 6 is another man’s 9 eh… ask @PeachesEnRegalia

1 Like

Great work…

What does a 10 bring away to City? A draw, a narrow win?
If thats it, depending on how City play then “not at our best” wasn’t bad on Sunday.
Poor would be around 2 to 3 out of 10?
We were not “poor” on Sunday.

We weren’t at our best :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Pep has played this card so many times now. Top Red Kev will be playing on Saturday. If he isn’t, happy days, but we should be planning for him being in the line up.

9 Likes

I think we beat any other team in the league with our performance last week.

Football fans always make the mistake of thinking their team is the only one with any agency in proceedings. We weren’t quite at our best at the Etihad, but City did have something to do with that.

8 Likes

Depends on the makeup. In the morning both men think na 4! :rofl:

We haven’t been at our best for a little while, my poor predictions of 3-nill wins is testament. This will change soon, tomorrow Mo will astonish me.