PreMatch | Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool | FA Cup Quarter Final | Sunday March 20th 18:00h | City Ground

By the time this game kicks off we will already know which teams are already in the semi final and which team we would play in the semis.

The draw will take place before this game.

5 Likes

If Chelsea win does that mean half a stadium of reds and randoms

4 Likes

8 Likes

Facebook video doesnā€™t work for meā€¦but I found the equivalent on Twitter.

18 Likes

Forest team news by WhoScored:

• Max Lowe and Steve Cook missed the midweek win over QPR through injury and are big doubts for the visit of Liverpool.
  • Top scorer Lewis Grabban also remains sidelined but Philip Zinckernagel did make a return to action in the week.
  • Djed Spence is a player in top form and on the radar of top clubs across the continent of late, while Ryan Yates has scored in four consecutive appearances from midfield.

Trent out. Hamstring:

1 Like

Tad strange i think :frowning:

I think we are probably past the point of the season where the youngsters get much game time (unless they genuinely earn it).

Alisson
Milner Gomez Konate Tsimikas
Keita Henderson Jones
Salah Firmino Diaz

Hasnā€™t Kelleher genuinely earned it?

7 Likes

Think Ali would also like a bit of the cups, especially the more important cup and especially as weā€™re in the last stages.

Sometimes it was what they probably agreed last summer, sometimes it was rhythm.

1 Like

I think the selection of Alisson is like sending a message that we will go :100: for the cup.

3 Likes

The situation may improve in the next 48 hours, but as things stand, we are in a bit of a bother.

Salah doubtful
Milner doutful
Tsimikas doutful
Trent unavailable

Alisson
Gomez Konate VVD Robertson
Fabinho
Henderson Keita
Takumi Firmino Jota

Wouldnā€™t have started Salah anyhow to fair, not seen him mention Tsimkas at all.

Milner he is unsure about, itā€™s a bit of a stretch to say we are in a bother even if we have to play Robbo who we would have rested, the fact he is only playing one friendly instead of two qualifiers is a massive help.

The only one I assume is long term is TAA and even thatā€™s been suggested May not be long term. If there was any time in the next 2 months to get these injuries itā€™s now, they will happen, I assume Milner might be Covid though Iā€™ve had a awful gastric flu these last few days which knocked me for six and which apparently has gone around.

1 Like

Could give Bradley a run out here but not in PL. Forest will give us a game so we got to be focused and not under estimate them.

1 Like

Klopp seemed to discuss Miner and Joey (Joe Gomez) I canā€™t see Klopp going any deeper than that Iā€™d feel comfortable in doing that if we were starting VVD mind.

1 Like

Looks like Klopp is going full throttle for the quadruple.

1 Like

Thinking out of the box here, what if we try out Tsimikas on RB with Robbo on the left? After all, this is the final game before the break. If it works out, we would have an adequate temporary cover for Trent. If not, haul him off at half time and put Milly/Gomez there instead.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always wondered if Kostas could cover Trentā€¦I know heā€™s cover for Robboā€¦but it would help.

2 Likes

Like the Master of the Universe he is.