PreMatch | Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool | FA Cup Quarter Final | Sunday March 20th 18:00h | City Ground

Wish the game was tonight. So hyped.

2 Likes

I do not think this line up suggests we are in any bother however I think we might go a bit stronger than this with Mane or Diaz for Minamino. Forest could well be an EPL opponent next season so I do not see this as an obviously easy game. Hopefully we will make t look easy though. An early goal would be good as most teams will give us a battle for half an hour or so.

2 Likes

Expect a very diificult match. Forest started the season poorly, but since they appointed Cooper they are a different beast.

Nottingham play a nice, free flowing football, their fans are passionate and will create a very good atmosphere.
Cooper likes a 3-5-2 system with Spence and Lowe as their wing backs. Cook, McKenna and Worrall as their 3 central defenders.

Colback /former Sunderland player/, Yates and Garner in midfield and Davies /on loan from Villa/, Johnson,Grabban and Zinckernagel all good options in attacking areas. Now because of Lowe injury we could see Colback as a left wing back.

Special mention for Spence /on loan from Boro/ and Johnson. In my opinion both of them will soon play at a higher level. Garner /on loan from Manure/ and Yates both contribute with goals and assists. Because of injuries they will missing on experienced Grabban, Cook and McKenna. And also looks like Lowe /on loan from Shefield U/ wonā€™t play.

I expect to see Konate, Gomez, Keita, Jota, Firmino, Jones starting. They need playing rhythm and other players need a rest. Hopefully Milner and Tsmikas will be fit, because they are really good options and also need to play more football. Elliott, AOC and Origi are also very solid options to start or just an option to change the game, if needed.

VvD, Robbo, Matip, Fabinho, Hendo, Mo, Sadio must be rested. They played too much football and Salahā€™s injury problems are part of his exhausting season.

7 Likes

Good analysis @MarcusBerglund :clap:

3 Likes

Itā€™s events such as this one, when a West Bridgford travel guide from @BigJon would be delightful to read.

4 Likes

29 Likes

In all my years of following Liverpool, I havenā€™t seen any club being so dedicated and compassionate. Iā€™m happy and humbled.

9 Likes

My family are coming over to watch, and they are all supporting Forest. They seem to think an upset is on the cards.

Well, possibly. A team that has already dispensed with Arsenal and Leicester canā€™t be sneered at. Itā€™s going to be a tough game. But as I was saying to my dad, they have been playing some lovely free flowing cavalier football, but if they turn up against us leaving those gaps they will get fucking mullered.

5 Likes

Will be nice for me to hear their atmosphere for the first time.

In my following as a Liverpool supporter, weā€™ve never played Forest.

3 Likes

Iā€™m comfortable about this if we lose so be it, win and great Iā€™m not going come here moaning I donā€™t think and as for fans of Man Utd and Everton and Arsenal and the like you ainā€™t winning fuck all so pipe down.

3 Likes

Quad mateā€¦history which is unlikely to be equaled again !!!

2 Likes

Just donā€™t mind Iā€™m not buying hype i refuse to be angered by it or talk about things beyond my control.

Sorry what I mean is over the past week Iā€™ve come to see the importance of things it help with my mood no doubt a win will but this idea that hunches mean nothing, we are professional and play like we can we will win.

2 Likes

This is an interesting article about Forestā€™s highly regarded coach Steve Cooper, who spent five years with LFC coaching in the Academy.
Definitely think we should play a full-strength team here. This wonā€™t be easy, and Forest will be really up for it.

3 Likes

Yeah. Forest will be pumped for this. Cant take them lightly esp seeing as they dumped leicester and arsenal.

5 Likes

Seemingly a guy whoā€™s a good fit for the england national team , not that heā€™ll get a chance given how intent the FA is to promote ex players like Southgate.

1 Like

7 hours in Seville airport, think Iā€™ll rather enjoy this one
Johnny Depp Drinking GIF

2 Likes

I think if we can finish the Benfica game off after the first leg (3-0 plus) then maybe Kelleher comes in for the second leg? That would be a nice touch

Klopp respects the opponents and the competition too much to do that even if we win the first leg 5-0.

1 Like

I think weā€™ll go strong and make the most of the 5 subs if we can. Maybe not Fab or Thiago but just about everyone else whoā€™s fit shoiuld be in contention to start. Weā€™ve come too far now to start taking risks with team selection. Just get the game won then think about resting players.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it would be a gamble, or disrespectful, to play Kelleher against Forest. He was trusted in a final against Chelsea and didnā€™t let us down.
In fact I canā€™t ever remember him letting us down.

6 Likes