PreMatch | Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 13 | Saturday October 22nd 12:30h | City Ground

I’m going to be staying in a log cabin in Sherwood Forest over the new year period. I’ll be travelling back for the Leicester game on 31st. I’ll try and get some photos and post them for you. One of my lads and his family have been there the last two new years. There’s stacks to do there and lots of lovely routes to walk.

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Presser took place an hour or so ago.

Darwin - being assessed for slight muscle issue.
Naby - not available to play yet - Full training from Monday.
Ox - 2 weeks ahead of Naby.
Konate - Back in full training Monday.

2 Likes

So that means Ox is the only one available for selection?

2 Likes

Torn between ‘strongest line available to keep momentum’ and ‘pragmatic approach to improve chances of keeping players fit’. Thiago being the main one who may need to be rested.

Would be intrigued to see this line up, Elliot, Carvalho and Jones all in the same ‘midfield’.

--------------Allison----------------
TAA—Gomes—VVD—Robbo
---------Hendo–Jones----------
—Elliot—Bobby----Carvalho-
--------------Salah----------------

Yes but also no. He was cited as not being quite ready to play a game yet. Maybe that means getting a start, but I doubt we’ll see him for any more than a few minutes.

Darwin will be fine for some minutes I suspect. Klopp said (in West Ham post match press conference) that Darwin felt tightening at half time, yet he was back on the pitch for a bit of the second half. Assume it’s all a case of wrap in cotton wool and be extra safe given we already have Jota and Diaz out for this run up to the World Cup.

It will certainly make for interesting viewing this next few weeks across the top leagues, seeing how players perform knowing the world cup is around the corner. Some will be trying to secure a place on the plane, so playing their socks off, others might go the other way, that have secured their place in world cup squads and want to protect themselves.

Ox was in the matchday squad against WHU

Nunez will start or come off the bench probably, prognosis seems generally good for everyone else, Klopp seemed to suggest it will be bench or start.

This is the type of game for Darwin, hopefully if we secure CL against Ajax we rest a few against Napoli.

If we do get ahead by a few I expect Klopp might run out Ox for 15.

2 Likes

I’d recommend you listen to the press conference, there’s quite a lot of useful information in that.

5 Likes

Could have been twenty.! :0)

2 Likes

Really nervous about this one. Short turn-around, early KO, injuries, loss of form, Tierney…what could possibly go wrong?
Hope Darwin is fit otherwise we’re starting to look very light in attack and 3 starts for Bobby in less than 6 days is a big ask.
The 5 subs should help us manage minutes for those who are labouring a bit. Imagine Fabinho, Elliott and Robbo will come into the starting 11.

Alisson - TAA, Gomez, VVD, Robbo – Fabinho, Thiago, Elliott --Mo, Nunez, Bobby.

Bring Jones in if Nunez is unfit.

3 Likes

I’m wondering how many youth forwards we’ll see on the bench…

Ben Doak to come on and score the winner.

Haven’t we won three on the bounce while keeping two clean sheets and beating Man City?

2 Likes

I think Bobby Clark, more of a midfielder, is the only one who has been training with the first team this week so I don’t expect to see any.

Dom Corness has too actually but I don’t really count him, he’s just a senior U21 player making up the numbers.

1 Like

Yes we have, but there are individuals who are not at the level they were - Fabinho and Trent being prime examples. VVD, Henderson and Robertson have all struggled at times.
We’ve ground out 2 great wins in the PL but I wouldn’t say we’ve been anywhere near our best.

1 Like

Fuck. I’m going to miss it. Damn, for some reason, I thought it’s an evening kick-off.

PL are an absolute disgrace. Last year, they always scheduled Liverpool to play at Saturday lunchtime after an European tie Wednesday evening. Klopp was rightfully vocal and critical aboit that. This year, PL was boasting how they will not schedule any Saturday lunchtime kick-off for teams playing CL on Wednesday. But guess what? This rule does not apply if you play a PL match on Wednesday. As if it were easier physically. And guess which team had the most of these Saturday lunchtime kickoffs so far after playing on Wednesday? Isn’t it always Liverpool?

3 Likes

It’s Nott Forest. We should be able to play them on Thursday morning and beat them

1 Like