PreMatch | Southampton vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 37 | Tuesday May 17th 19:45h | St. Mary’s Stadium

Can we please improve our set-pieces?

Kostas playing this match would improve the corners on the left side quite a bit.

Hopefully we address the direct freekicks over the summer for a plan B for Trent.

I would play quite a lot of these guys (except Ox) even if City slip up against west ham.

Why not Chamberlain?

1 Like

I rate ox but i think his mind has gone this year. He knows he is on the way out and I dont think he can be counted on to give a 100%.

Too many players over him for the #8 role right now as per me. Even if we discount the guys who are fatigued.

1 Like

If West Ham wins 2-0 or more today, I think Klopp is going to play as strong a team to win and score as many as possible.

2 Likes

Aren’t we the best in the league at scoring from set pieces?

2 Likes

I’ll get even drunker than last night

I would like to think that Jurgen now has TAN’s permission to play a strong team.

7 Likes

City missing a penalty in the end of normal time (that the VAR influenced), means it’s unexpectedly on!
So all we have to do now is win on Tuesday, to take this to the last say and need City to draw. Goal difference won’t matter.

7 Likes

Larry David Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Yeah it’s now a win game not win with lots of goals and we can’t sack it off so yeah let’s take this to the final day.

3 Likes

I hope the lads are recovering well from yesterday

3 Likes

Still expect rotation. I don’t think Mo or Virgil can be considered. A few others looked shattered at the end of the cup final so Taki or Origi, Jones, Elliot, Gomez, Milner and maybe a few others are going to have to help get us the points in this one.

2 more wins and a city draw or loss will get us the title! COYR! Come on Stevie G!

8 Likes

I think play the fittest and freshest and hope for the best. I’m assuming Southampton are playing for personal pride at the moment.

4 Likes

Fuck it we need to go strong now.

Alisson
Trent Matip Konate Tsimikas
Keita Hendo Jones
Jota Mane Diaz

Would really prefer Thiago in there too so if Jurgen thinks he’s good to go he has my approval :+1:

1 Like

I’ll be very surprised if anyone who played 120 yesterday starts this one.

6 Likes

I’d play
Ali
Gomez Konate Matip Tsimikas
Keita Hendo Minamino
Divock Bobby Jota
Sub in Trent, Luis and Thiago if/when needed
We just need to win to bring it to the final day. Then hope Stevie can do us a favor by just holding them to a draw.
YNWA

6 Likes

I think there’s a case for playing 4 up front for this one - Firmino, Origi, Minamino and Ox should all be fresh whilst Diaz and Jota didn’t play the full game yesterday.

Maybe we go with Henderson + Keita/Jones/Milner in a 2, and look to bring Henderson off before the end. If Klopp’s confident Fabinho will be back for Madrid then that might be a risk worth taking.

Gomez and Tsimikas should come in, they’ve both done well when called on.

The squad players haven’t let us down often this season, time to trust them again.

2 Likes