PreMatch | Southampton vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 37 | Tuesday May 17th 19:45h | St. Mary’s Stadium

Except for when it isn’t. Brighton, Chelsea, Brentford (okay, we were only one goal ahead in that one, but still…)

3 Likes

Nope he was in first team training before the cup final so he’s still around.

Screenshot_20220515-142311-416

Leighton Clarkson was also there.

1 Like

I recall the Brentford game being one where we were helter skelter from start to finish, there was no control at all in that game.

Besides effective doesn’t mean foolproof but we’ve seen a lot of games out handily this season. I think we are the best in the league at it.

2 Likes

There’s absolutely 0 chance we could have sustained this run in all 4 competitions if we went full throttle for the 90 minutes as the in-game comments always suggest we should be doing.

7 Likes

One thing to come of the City result is that goal difference is very unlikely to come into it now. So we don’t need to tank Southampton. Can rest lads and still have enough for the win. Then it’s over to Stevie G!

2 Likes

Spurs away, right?

Those facts hold true but we didn’t do the low tempo control in all these games. As I said before Brentford was insane, Brighton also felt like we were rushing everything and over committing.

Yep, no point going gung ho now. 2 wins and a citeh draw would do it.

Fab, VvD, Salah not available.

Pretty sure we will see

Alisson
Matip
Konate
Tsimikas
Keita
Henderson
Firmino
Jota all start.

Gomez or Trent
Jones or Milner
Origi or Díaz

Thiago and Sadio as difference makers from bench.

Southampton had a 10 days break. We played 3 games since their last.

2 Likes

This aged well

There is a scenario we beat southampton draw against wolves and city loose to Villa…GD then counts!!!

--------------Ali------------
Trent–Ibra–Joel–Timi
-----------Hendo----------
-----Keita----Jones-------
–Jota—Bobby----Diaz–

Take it to the limit one more time. (three more times)

2 Likes

Big Div has to start here, surely?

8 Likes

Yip same team I went for earlier aside from Bobby.

Does make sense to hold Sadio back though and get him on the last 30.

Difficult selection for this one.

I’d go

Alisson
Gomez Matip Konaté Tsimikas
Milner Henderson Jones
Jota Firmino Origi

Obviously, if the likes of Trent, Thiago, Keita, Mané, Diaz feel they can start then I’d make changes but my gut feeling is that these players need to be managed a bit and ought to be on the bench. Robertson should also be rested although Tsimikas might equally be said to have earned his spot in the starting XI.

Bench: Kelleher, Trent, Robertson, Keita, Thiago, Diaz, Mané

3 Likes

As I said…unlikely

1 down 3 to go Nostradamus

3 Likes

2 Likes

I like that team @Kopstar but Hendo needs a break and I’d start Naby instead. If Naby isn’t right, then I’d bring in the Ox. Id also have Elliot and Ox on the bench instead of Mane and Robertson who need to be kept fresh. Not sure what the Salah situation is but I presume he won’t be right to make the squad. This team doesn’t have great defensive options off the bench but we have to win this game and if guys like Ox and Taki can’t at least come off the bench here then we really need to get their wages off the books in the summer.

Alisson
Gomez Matip Konaté Tsimikas
Milner Naby Jones
Jota Firmino Origi

Bench: Kelleher, Trent, Taki, Ox, Thiago, Diaz, Elliott

1 Like

Well the Citeh result has certainly put the cat right amongst Bill Lawry’s pigeons.

JK is going to have a real selection headache. He will be mindful of asking the boys to go back to the well once more, but will know he needs a team that can beat the Saints. Fortunately (I think), Saints are safe and have nothing to play for apart from pride. Ralph may fancy another result against JK, especially after his reaction the last time he beat us.

2 Likes

Alisson
Gomez
Konate
Matip
Kostas
Milner
Jones
Keita
Jota
Firmino
Diaz