PreMatch | Watford - Liverpool | PL Match Day 8 | Saturday October 16th 12:30h | Anfield

Homer Today GIF

5 Likes

Back to football.

This game might get really difficult for the obvious reasons

• game after international break
  • away game
  • early kick off
  • new manager (what’s our record against Ranieri?)
  • Moss

and most importantly

• the selection / availability problem

Adds up to a lot.

And if we somehow don’t win this one we suddenly have three league games without a win.

Hoping for the best.

1 Like

A lot of posts prompt this at the moment

1 Like

14 games.
6 LFC wins
5 Ranieri wins
3 draws

Not bad, seeing he managed very good sides at Valencia, Chelsea and Leicester.

https://www.lfchistory.net/Opposition/Manager/Profile/508

2 Likes

I guess it could be something like this:

Kelleher
Trent Matip vDijk Robertson
Jones Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Adrian, Konate, Gomez, Williams, Tsimikas, Keita, Chamberlain, Minamino, Origi.

Deliberately putting Millie at LCM (even if I like Jones at LCM) because he practically never plays RCM in a midfield 3 for us. I think Millie starts this game for sure, just to add solidity without Fabinho. I don’t think Klopp will trust Keita, give his current state, after an international week and not having him in training. Thiago maybe an outside chance, but he probably starts from the bench. I’d say he’s got a better chance than Keita, if we need someone else for whatever reason (if Jones/Millie can’t make it).

Edit: Looks like it will be too early for Thiago, so Williams instead of him on the bench.

1 Like

Trent is available, huge news that… Another showing of the Milner/Hendo combo down the right wasn’t top of the list of things I’d like to see again.

2 Likes

Scanning. :sunglasses:

So Alisson und Fabinho are definitely not available, right?

Other players who travelled to red list countries?

Should be fine now, noted both countries that Mane and Tsmikas travelled to came off the red list.

I think looking at training it’s going be Fabinho, Alisson and seems Jota as well and of course Thiago and Elliott.

1 Like

Thought there was a small chance that Jota will be on bench for Portugal tonight so I think he might be ready for Saturday.

What about Curtis?

Curtis is fine. Got minutes last night for England U21

1 Like

Played 40 mins and assisted the goal.

So I assume he is ok.

1 Like

Henderson on the bench and Tsimkas starts tonight I think they are the final two bar the Brazilians

Conor Bradley about to get his first start for Northern Ireland, plus Andy Robertson playing now too of course

2 Likes

Sent home from international duty.

1 Like

Tsimikas and Robertson both started tonight’s games.

1 Like

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game.

COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I’d be tempted to start Tsimikas. Robbo was immense during the game against Israel but looked quiet against the Faroes. Whether that was tiredness, the tight defence not suiting him or the plastic pitch being an arse to play on in the rain, I don’t know. I still think an extra few days rest would do him the world of good.

Assuming that Firminho won’t be ready, are we playing Hendo at DM again?

2 Likes

Happy days!

7 Likes