PreMatch | Watford - Liverpool | PL Match Day 8 | Saturday October 16th 12:30h | Anfield

The internationals are a fucking joke, Curtis Jones was injured, they didn’t scan it and then played him… Now out… What a piss take.

4 Likes

I wonder what that means for midfield, a combination of Henderson, Keïta, Oxlade-Chamberlain?

At this point I have no idea anymore who’s injured or fit…

Probably Milner, Hendo + Ox or Keita.

Hendo, Milner, Ox midfield then? :grimacing: Think Naby played in three games over this break so would be surprised if he started. If Jota is fit maybe we’ll go for a 4231 with Bobby a bit deeper.

1 Like

You have to see games like this as where Ox should be chomping at the bit to take his chance. If he doesn’t start it doesn’t bold well imo.

3 Likes

Interesting…

So, Alisson and Fabinho must stay in Madrid until Wednesday/Thursday midnight and then they can come back to Liverpool for us to prepare the United game.

Klopp said well about Jones. Why the f*ck did they put him on off the bench against bloody Andorra, if he had issues/not training/not playing before that game? That idiot Brewster managed to get two yellows against Andorra in less than an hour.

Obviously no Jones it means that the question is how much can Keita and Ox give. Keita played 3/3 internationals, 22mins, then 76mins, then 90mins. Ox stayed with us training. Possibly one of them starts and plays an hour and the other comes off the bench to provide fresh legs.

Or… we potentially play a double pivot with Hendo & Millie, Bobby as the single #10 and then Jota also starts. But then the question is, how much can Jota give us on Saturday.

1 Like

Surely the stage is set for Ox. If he can’t step up in a situation like this you have to wonder why he’s at the club and why we didn’t strengthen in the summer.
Can’t say I’m optimistic to be honest.

3 Likes

It always seems to be us that suffer. Countess times our players go away on internationals to playing meaningless games to end up fucked.

Least it’s not confined to just us having annoying injuries - Ferran Torres fractured his foot.

1 Like

A harsh assessment

2 Likes

What have you got Ox? Fair bet you start.

1 Like

Presuming its Trent, VVD, Matip and Robbo.
And Salah, Mane and Firmino up front.
I doubt Jota starts, he wl be needed for Tuesday.

So midfield is the conundrum.
Obviously Hendo.
Probably Milner.

And Ox/ Keita.
Or will Gordon get a start?

This week is when we find out the true depth of the squad. It’s OK to look at the numbers and say we’re fine but once we start playing games the injuries soon rack up. We were always vulnerable in midfield once Harvey was crocked. Too many unreliables in either form or fitness or both. Judging by JK’s comments at the presser it doesn’t look as though Thiago’s coming back any time soon.

I expect Keita will start because he is at least in the rhythm of playing and hasn’t done too bad in the games where he’s featured so far. Ox has always looked well off the pace. At least in defence and attack we’ve got a full set of options so no real excuse for not turning over Watford. This is a massive week for us and we have to win tomorrow.

3 Likes

Nah, don’t see Gordon starting. He could be on the bench if there are more bad surprises until Saturday morning.

Probably, let’s say…

Kelleher
Trent Matip vDijk Robertson
Keita Henderson Milner
Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Adrian, Konate, Gomez, Williams, Tsimikas, Chamberlain, Minamino, Jota, Origi.

*Again, would prefer Millie at RCM, but he never starts there under Klopp in a midfield 3. It’s like he’s eternally subscribed on the LCM role, regardless if the RCM on the day is better as LCM.

1 Like

And yeah, we forgot the cherry on cake…

Atletico are free this weekend, La Liga have postponed their away game at Granada.

Will be a tough task on Tuesday. But bring it on! :joy:

1 Like

Our midfielders aren’t going to be enough to get us through this season. A couple more injuries and we’re fucked. It’s a shame because we’ve got everything else going for us and we should be competing at the highest level in every competition, but the lack of funds going into the team makes life pretty much impossible at this level. I wonder how much longer before Jurgen gets tired of it? I’m not talking about hundreds of millions, just enough to have a fucking squad that can realise Jurgen’s greatness.

Really pissed off with England’s behaviour with Jones.

I’m usually not in the slightest in the conspiracy theories that Liverpool players are f*cked by international teams…

But there are some cases where it’s obvious that there was a mistake, or not enough protection.

Bloody Andorra. Can’t they beat Andorra without a half injured Jones coming on?

1 Like

You need to consider the possibility that Klopp is at least partially responsible for our recruitment philosophy.

3 Likes

Its ego, they want to win to show how brilliant they are… And zero fucks given to player welfare.

2 Likes

That’s all we have left at the moment, isn’t it? Thiago, Jones Elliott are injured, and Fabinho is in Madrid.

Perhaps one of the center-backs can play midfield … :sunglasses:

Or we go 4231 as our front 4 are all fit…

1 Like