PreMatch | Watford - Liverpool | PL Match Day 8 | Saturday October 16th 12:30h | Anfield

Fucking disgraceful. This has echoes of Sturridge being played injured by Hodgson, and he was never the same again.

The international federations give absolutely zero fucks about players. They take them for two games…oh sorry three games (sneaked that one in there, the cunts) run the players into the ground and then hand them back to the clubs - the ones who pay their wages - with complete distain.

Wenger’s Ferrari analogy was spot on.

The thing with Torres was a disgrace, and now this. It’s only fucking U21 football. It’s not even important.

3 Likes

Lack of funds? We have 3 midfielders injured and one out because Brazil’s football federation is being ridiculous. This is a ridiculous situation for any club to be in, and all the throwing of the toys out of the pram is absolutely unwarranted given that we still have 4 midfielders that any other team would die to have in such a situation.

Ox may be horrendously out of form, but he’s also had the international break to train and work with the manager more closely, so let’s wait before we pass any judgment on him. We still have Milner, who will probably not be needed for the Atletico game anyway given that we get Fabinho back then. Keïta seems fit, so there’s absolutely no reason he can’t play, and Henderson is Henderson.

Our situation is not ideal, but let’s not pretend it’s not an absolute freak scenario that most clubs would not even find themselves in.

3 Likes

“When we talk about federations, Curtis Jones came back injured from the U21s. So, great. That’s not OK as well,” Klopp said.

“It’s really difficult to get proper contact even with the English federation, because they just do what they want.

“He didn’t train, was not involved in the first game, they didn’t do a scan.

“Then he played a few minutes in the second game, very important that he played there (sarcasm). Came back, slight injury, not available for tomorrow.”

England U21s manager Lee Carsley claimed prior to the 1-0 victory in Andorra – which saw Jones come off the bench to assist the winner – that he and his staff “definitely won’t be taking any risks” with the 20-year-old.

Yeap, that’s exactly what the despicable cunts did.

4 Likes

If you read that alongside his comments around the hydrocarbon murderers takeover, I have to say I imagine he is close to the end of his tether. We must treasure what remains of our time with him. I really hope we get to win the league with a proper celebration this time, before he finishes.

3 Likes

Lots of us were pointing out that our midfield was thin in the summer. It looks ok in terms of numbers, but Thiago, Naby and Ox can’t be relied on to stay fit. There are always knocks and strains after internationals, it’s nothing new.
We went into the season one midfielder short and lacking strength in depth in the forward line. That’s why it’s going to be very tough to win silverware this season, especially when all our rivals have strengthened in one way or another.

3 Likes

So Thiago is still out. I’m surprised.

Was saying this on TIA before he arrived.

Thiago was an injury prone player in Germany and there is now way it’s going to get better in the most intense league in the world at the club with most intense playing style.

Never understood this transfer. Never will.

1 Like

We didn’t invest.
We now have a midfield of Hendo,Miner, Keita (if he don’t trip up that blade of grass again) and Ox who hasn’t been in from since his injury.

Fuck the midfield just go long!

2 Likes

How many lads do you want to carry in midfield,

We’ve got Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Elliot, Ox, Milner and Keita. Possibly Minamino as well.

How many players do you want to stockpile on the off chance that a situation like this occurs?

And it’s no good saying that we should have sold Ox or Keita. Someone would have actually need to want to buy them first.

10 Likes

We play Sunday next week, so the two lads should be fine arriving back from Spain on Thursday morning, Wednesday night.

One good thing is the next three Brazil face are none red list or at home.

Not that it helps particularly, but Arsenal is Sunday and Klopp did say if this was 7pm we may have tried so I assume they probably will play next time out.

Im more annoyed with what the U21s did, I’d just feign injury next time.

1 Like

I wonder how long it will be before going all “Giggs” when selected, players just go for 2 yellows in the first 5 minutes.

Clubs don’t have the same power as they did in Fergies day, and players seem to really want to play for their countries.

This week Courtois spoke put about players being forced to play too many games. I suspect we’ll see more players coming out and expressing their concerns. At the minute they are being treated like meat.

1 Like

I know what you mean but who believed Thiago would be back after this break? No one. He’s is unreliable as ox and Keita.

Our midfield isnt very mobile at the moment.

1 Like

One thing it does look like Portugal are a bit better managed than others.

You should open one.

4 Likes

I should open it because I have a perfect record at determining who should not have opened the pre match threads.

This game feels like a who is fit and available, throw them in the starting lineup, game. Thankfully it’s only midfield and GK that seems to be an issue.

On the TIA I opened the match day thread once but I didn’t do it right apparently so I’ve learned my lesson :slightly_smiling_face:

You were the one who opened it! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Why not go 5 2 3…3 centre backs with Gomez …full backs start higher…

Or

Tmikas on left of a 3 midfield…with Hendo and Naby ?

Any thoughts YNWA

Haha, forgot about that.