Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

Oh please. They had no problem with corporate greed when they were winning. Now they are acting as if ESL was the straw that broke the camel’s back. The Glazers’ business practices, like sadling their club with hundreds of millions of debt, weren’t enough to sent them up in arms but apparently a failed scheme that never got off the ground was?

They don’t like the Glazers, but they do like their money.

4 Likes

Both were helped by incompetent officials and law enforcement officers or employees!

They’ve been protesting against the Glazers from the day they arrived, though. Not sure how anyone missed that.

2 Likes

So who wants to wager that the match will be rearranged for after fans are let back in, and that United will be allowed to have fans in attendance.

Basically if this had been Anfield, the national media would have been screaming about covid violating thugs, and calling for United to be handed the points.

As it was at United, they downplay it, arguably excuse it, and turn it into another fans against ESL event.

They’ll probably invite those who did this along to watch the rearranged match.

3 Likes

We can still go on post match day thread and vote man of the match I just voted for mo as he was going to get the winner today. :joy:

When it comes down to it they are not happy with the money Glazers give. They were used to been top dogs for years and crave an owner with a bottomless pit of money to bring them back to what they are used to.

2 Likes

A tiny minority who set up their own club.

Two clubs out of the six participants have had the most vociferous protests. Those who have experienced the least success in the last years.

This is 2010, after winning the Champions League and three league titles on the bounce. Probably the peak of the anti-Glazer protests.

8 Likes

Full solidarity with the protesters. Folk screaming about points deductions and the like need to get their priorities straight.

4 Likes

If this game ain’t played tomorrow I can’t see where it gets played

Mate - there is a copper / steward with a face full of stitches. 2cm difference and the bloke is going home with 1 eye.

Fuck the protesters.

6 Likes

They’ve been vocally protesting the Glazers for a very long time.

A small minority, just like Liverpool fans that sing Munich songs.

I hate Man Utd, but some of these comments, man…

Unequivocal solidarity all day with all football fans fighting to reclaim our game. Direct action is a tactic as old as time. Caring more about fan rivalry just strikes me as petty at a time when the game should be coming together and fighting back.

7 Likes

Peak being the right word. Since then they’ve given Norwich their scarves back, won some titles along the way and pretty much faded into the background. After being in the wilderness for a few years despite spending money second to none bar City in the league they’re protesting? Give me a break. Somebody had an agenda somewhere and incited some gullibles along the way.

First protest in my memory what has led to a game been postponed thats way to go.

1 Like

Get over it tbh. Rise above that shit. There’s always the odd idiot. The cause of reclaiming our game somewhat supersedes that I’d say.

What exactly are we reclaiming the game from

The ESL is dead.

Reclaim the game from owners? What happens when the next owners come along - these types are all cut from
The same cloth.

3 Likes

Reclaiming what exactly. What is this achieving absolutely nowt.

1 Like

Reclaim the game from big capital - yes. The next owners? Have you not been paying attention? Spirit of Shankly - along with fan trusts across the country - are campaigning hard on fan ownership, starting with a 50+1 model. It’s time to make football for the fans again, not the profiteers.

2 Likes

Man Utd fans: “We don’t like our owner but we still support the team.”

Everyone else: WHY DON’T YOU DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT THEN?

Man Utd fans: Do something

Everyone else: OH ONLY JUST DISCOVERED YOU DON’T LIKE THE OWNERS HAVE YOU?!

1 Like