Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

GermanRed, match thread and win in a single sentence this season :stuck_out_tongue:

The Office Lol GIF

11 Likes

That guy looks German.

2 Likes

It has already been mentioned, but this club has no back-spine when it comes to upstair levels. Iā€™d even say that since the day of Moores and Parry, the club has constructed a long lasting tradition of being spineless. Everything, no matter how unfair it is, is taken on the chin without any word. Thatā€™s the best case scenario. Worst case, the club lies down flat and accepts to be vilified.

The Suarez-Evra event is an outstanding example of the team and coach standing up for their own in a case which was far from being unequivocal, only then to be hung out to dry by the board and the owners.

Compare that to other clubs in this league (typically man utd) or in other countries (Bayern and Dortmund spring to mind, Barca and Real as well), and the difference couldnā€™t be any bigger. There are means to react when you get unfair decisions, even if it isnā€™t an official complaint to the league. Manipulation of the media is a very effective one, in which the mancs have excelled since all these years, and we see the result today again.

On this latest issue, I can guarantee that Uli Hoeness for instance would have launched a massive war of words in the media to influence the league canceling the game, punishing utd and hand the three points to us. Never would this outcome have been accepted without a word.

LFC = spineless. Not on the pitch, but off it.

9 Likes

Sounds like the whole incident is being brushed under a rather large carpet to me and itā€™s disgraceful. Letā€™s call this for what it is, a riot dressed up as a ā€˜peaceful protestā€™ by the media. Police officers were injured, one seriously, and thousands of pounds worth of damage caused. For there to be no consequences for those involved and Utd as a club, is wholly unacceptable. They, and Greater Manchester Police, were aware several days in advance that a protest was going to take place. It was even common knowledge the protesters were intending to block the roads approaching the stadium, to prevent both team buses arriving. Doesnā€™t that one action alone give a clue about the intentions of the fans? They wanted to prevent the game from taking place!! Police were outside the stadium in numbers, I believe there were several units from Merseyside also, but there appears to have been a serious lack of planning, and Utd are also complicit. There must be consequences and punishments handed out to prevent this happening again.

10 Likes

I think this is where SOS and other fan groups (including our very own TAN) must make themselves count.

I donā€™t think FSG is spineless. I think they know that any defiance from them would result in more retaliatory actions from PL, FA, Sky; and would hurt LFC more.

Kenny has the image, but he is a gentleman.

Klopp canā€™t because he will then be demonized.

Oh yeah, itā€™s definitely not Klopp who should deal with this. he has already enough to think about with what happens on the pitch. But fsg and their representatives in the board need to question themselves imo. They are simply not good enough on that account.

2 Likes

True. But they definitely well aware of the anti LFC bias and donā€™t want to pileup more misery on us.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping their fans do it again to force the game to be called off again.
That would really send a message to their owners.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if it was planned again

Sky are a primary stakeholder in these events and stood to lose out if the ESL occurred. They are driving the narrative. The PL and FA are also a stakeholders and are responsible for deciding what actions to take as a result of the postponement.

The most distasteful part about all of this is how much of the ā€œthink of the good of the gameā€ arguments are coming from stakeholders heavily invested in maintaining the existing power structure of the game.

6 Likes

Driving the narrative using the mouth piece of Neville and Carragher

1 Like

Where is the Southampton thread?

2 Likes

@GermanRed I think everyones scared to start a thread for the games now :joy:

2 Likes

Surely someone will post the team 1hr before kick off. I donā€™t know where though.
This distraction thread is the main reason I thinkhowever the notions that posters are scared shitless of starting pre match threads adds strongly to that.
I never start pre match threads on principle.

1 Like

I saw that, fuck him.

2 Likes

The audacity! It should have been us complaining. Have to give it to them though, this is how you get things influenced in your favour. This is what United had been doing for years under Fergie. About time we grow some balls and start complaining.

4 Likes

Surely we missed that wagon a long time ago. It would just add fuel to Manure and others if we started now.
Just look at how Klopp struggles on these matters when he approaches them in his intelligent matter of fact style.
The media just will never call out manure yet even a whimper from us and they call it out in any stupid way possible.

It amazes me that with all the physically demanding fixtures this season that Luke Shaw still looks like a fat cunt who does no exercise whatsoever.

20 Likes

Some things just donā€™t change like Maguire looking as agile as an elephant in a china shop. (Nat looks like a ballerina in comparison).

5 Likes

I see OGS is calling the PL everything asking them to play so many games. First thing is it is the MU fans he should be blaming, not the PL ! Secondly , other clubs have had similar problems in the past and just accepted it. We had to virtually throw a cup game last season due to fixture congestion.

4 Likes