Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

Not sure if Maguire is suspended. He got his 10th yellow against Leeds - that’s true.

But isn’t there a deadline - I think matchday 32.

This is my least favourite fixture at the best of times but I’ve possibly gone beyond the caring stage this season.

I want to see Fabinho back in midfield but beyond that our problem now appears to be a toothless front three. Maybe Salah finds himself in some completely impossible angle again because that seems to be the only way he finds the net.

Did the job, served us well, needs to be replaced now. It will always be the forum catchphrase of our Champions Season 2019-20. :grin:

Replaced with…

/whimpering head in hands “please… pretty please… score more than the other team”

1 Like

There are a lot of posts wanting Fabinho back in Midfield, and sure that’s the ideal.

But I think we have to be understanding that Klopp might not have any other choice. Phillips has been injured (which at least proves he doesn’t have a magical amulet he’s been using to hex the backline), and there is literally no-one else - unless you’re comfortable with starting Williams or Davies against the United forward line.

Even in a straight line… no? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Stop torturing yourself. We’re not going to finish in the top 4.

Usually I would agree with you but not against a team that is set up to ruin us in transition like United are. Poor Rhys Williams was rinsed in the Cup game there and, as we all know, Ben Davies doesn’t actually exist.

2 Likes

Really got to hope Nat is available

Utterly pathetic, but very reflective of our current situation… let’s just wait for pre-season, when this season feels like it was a decade ago…

Fingers crossed they lose tonight so ole might rest a few at weekend.

United looking ominously good tonight. Could be watching this one from behind the sofa.

Then again watching them in the league probably just highlights how bad Roma are.

Just want us to actually show up for this one, unlike at least the last 3 seasons at Old Toilet. Don’t play like a bunch of pussies who are scared of losing or showing them too much respect!

Every high cross or corner will be a major problem about 75% are taller then we are.

I expect a 3-1 win for the Manc.

Their result tonight means they don’t have to rest anyone for this.

Don’t think Nat will make it, not in training today, so probably means Fabinho at CB and the same knackered midfield.

Can only see more fucking misery.

2 Likes

So a quick in form front line vs a slow defence.

An unfortunately skillful buck toothed midfield vs a toothless midfield that is theoretically supposed to be at least, efficient and workman like, with an already checked out uninspiring captain, while a real leader sits on the bench.

A surprisingly stable defence vs 1 forward that can’t score, hit the target, control the ball or create chances, +1 forward that can’t score and barely hits top gear, +1 forward that doesn’t get decent service, but when he does he need a few of them, or he takes them when it’s not critical. +Jota on the bench to be subbed on at the 89 minute because he had a shit game last week. + a bench load of other “forwards” that we could have loaned to Southampton, and not noticed that they have actually left.

A twat of a manager that now has a ridiculously strong grip on the wheel we used to joke about, with the other one that’s lost his way, his spark, his decision making.

It was looking good for a while when they were losing 1-2 today, but coming back to win 6-2 is going to make them feel invincible, full of energy.

I don’t see a good result, but I’ll watch anyway. Someone wake me from this nightmare.

Surprise me like it’s Christmas you miserable, disappointing fuckers, I deserve it. I’ll take 0-3 or just don’t bother turning up for work, nothing less is good enough. Fuck, we getting slaughtered.

All valid points @Nobluff

But fuck it, this is the last day that matters one piece in this fucking awful season.
Beating these cunts won’t make it better, but ut gives us a sense of wellbeing for a little while.
Good performance, springboard to the summer and the great LFC reset.

2 Likes

Yup. Unfortunately, anyone applying some rational thought on this can only come to the same conclusion.

Maguire isn’t suspended for this one.

United have two injuries at the moment, Jones and Martial.

We’ll hear further updates from Klopp and Ole.

Yes, Klopp is notorious for trusting his experienced players for matches like this so I expect the same non-scoring midfield with the king of holding up play Wijnaldum, Milner and Thiago. Against Fred, McTominay, Progba and Fernandes. Let alone the staggering height difference the midfield is where we will lose the battle.