Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

first time in a very long time that i feel so indifferent to an LFC/Scum game. no nervs, not that interested in watching or the outcome of the game…

3 Likes

I’m usually nervous as hell on the day of these games, but today I don’t feel anything. I think it’s probably because I’m expecting us to not turn up today and lose. I wish I didn’t have to watch the game but I know I will, but it will be with the sound off because Tyler will be unbearable every time Fernandes or Saint Marcus do the simplest of things. I just want to see us play well today and not throw the game away in the last few minutes as usual.

6 Likes

I’ll be watching of course but I will try not to be on TAN during the match this time.

A win would restore pride you say? Not really. They will finish the season +10 points ahead of us and can win the EL.

Also a win doesn’t change anything in terms of the Top4 - we’ll fuck up in two of the other remaining games.

Win, lose - couldn’t care less this time. This season fucked up enough of my weekends / start of the weeks.

6 Likes

Just hoping that our players will perform well - which even on form with all our players available wasn’t enough to win there in the last few years.

And no injuries please.

1 Like

In isolation this statement is a sign of the times.
Despondency has beset us all, the world, covid, football…all of it in a shit place at the moment.

This time last year we were champions elect. The previous two years we were heading for CL finals.
Now we seemingly dont care about what was one of our big days every year?

I know a win doesn’t make life better or act as a panacea for all the woes that surround us.
But fuck it its United away…

We won’t make top four.
Our season is fucked by Covid, VAR, injuries, injustice, ESL etc etc

But lets take this in isolation and beat these smug cunts and smile for a few hours.
I am fucking hopeful now.

@GermanRed
Your despondency has activated my deep-rooted hatred again. Thanks!

10 Likes

Some craic in this thread. Had to double check there, for a minute I thought I’d clicked into the RIP thread.
Will be a tight match this but can see us winning by a goal hopefully.
2 - 1 to the Redmen

3 Likes

If we start Williams or Davies start in defence it will be a similar score to what Utd had in midweek.

1 Like

Nah; there’s no way we are scoring twice, given our forwards’ current ineptitude.

3 Likes

I know we all are down in the dumps and this season has been horrendous. However, Man Utd are our main rivals outside of Merseyside and it is a matter of pride for us to beat the Mancs on their turf, so I want the boys to beat the hell out of them, so pundits can be quiet and we have the last laugh.

I think we given up too much this season, there are still points and pride to play for.

7 Likes

You never know, this might be the day when everything we hit goes in. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

we have to actually hit it though… we averaging 1 shot on target per game

1 Like

Not me, I’m always predicting a 4-0 for us. :star_struck:

5 Likes

Well maybe Williams, I haven’t a clue about Davies no one knows what he is like.

Which is exactly why you had no business starting the previous pre-match thread…

If you can’t be fool enough to wish for a win today despite our form difference in a derby at Old Trafford, and if you can’t be utterly crushed when it all goes to hell as if you should have expected any different, the golden times matter so much less my friend…

Enjoy these bad times, as crazy as this sounds. Risk, wish, get destroyed when denied…
Trust me…

1 Like

Aha Ben Davies, the modern day Scarlet Pimpernel :rofl:

4 Likes

So easy being a prophet of the expected, lads…
Waiting to see a prophet of the unexpected…
we use to have one in the tia days, before getting hold of all those trophies…where is he?

Ah, tan has its very own…

1 Like

All caution to the wind in the toilet this arvo.
Rather lose 5:4 than draw 0:0.

4 Likes

If we do score four goals, we will most definitely be the winner as well. :muscle:

2 Likes

All this despondency is getting me worked up. Full of hope. 0-4 it is then!

4 Likes

When Robertson signed we didn’t really see him for 6 months either and he had top flight experience likewise with Fabinho. So I can’t understand why people expect Davies to play when we know Klopps MO with new arrivals.

2 Likes