Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

It’s Chelsea. They’re not renowned for their long-term planning.

1 Like

Well, it was a few days ago when Enzo said he’s expecting to play a more advanced role, also switched his number from #5 to #8. My point was that he shouldn’t be an obstacle to Lavia getting minutes. They were probably in the market for Caicedo + one other anyway.

1 Like

Wonder what Connor Gallagher and the Chuk lads make if all this

Im Right Here Season 2 GIF by Amazon Prime Video

He was part of a dire Southampton that got relegated, Caicedo was part of a Brighton team that finished in their highest ever position that included qualifying for Europe, setting several club firsts, so obviously yes, at this point in time Lavia is not that good compared to Caicedo, but he is still young and has a bagful of talent and promise so in the future he could be as good.

Half of the times those tackles and interceptions are to make up for his shite passing, something you don’t see in stats but when you watch his matches you see that he is not good enough with the ball for us.

Is Lavia at a similar point that Caicedo was a couple of years ago after Brighton bought him for 5mp?

Easy, tell him to stay the fuck outta the way when we gave the ball and sic him on the poor opposition when we don’t…with strict instructions of playing the safest and shortest pass once he wins it back

In recent history, we have had plenty of players (until recently) who would just pass backwards or sideways… Sangare can more than accomplish that.

I’m not so concerned about his contributions to the offensive or creative side of the game - we have players for that. Where I have less confidence is our ability to easily fix the way we concede goals!

But if Sangare were to come in, I would like an additional midfielder like Andre or Thuram though. He is admittedly not the choice for a number of matchups.

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1690286079629209600?t=3cwi6KmY5T0cp5gpQYjh5A&s=19

He wants us

I appreciate that English isn’t his first language, but what the fuck is that supposed to mean? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

He may as well post that in Italian. It gave me a headache.

1 Like

Romeo hasn’t spoke to chelsea.He’s concerned southampton demands are too much.He wants to play for us.

2 Likes

Liverpool should go and bid 46m again :joy:

Soton look like they need a DM

Tyler Morton springs to mind

1 Like

I’ll let you off with a warning this time, next time I report you.

Certainly need something…

So we’re only as good as Norwich? It’s going to be a long season.

1 Like

Magic Yes GIF by MolaTV

Would love for Southampton to stay down for a few years

Wasn’t that pretty much our second 11.