Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

We haven’t fucked up. We bid for Caicedo he decided he wanted Chelsea and the club have decided there isn’t the value in Lavia.

2 Likes

Heard Fiorentina have a good player in Arthur. Brazilian lad, good age. ………

1 Like

Well true. But they were clearly two players we have significant interest in and both will be playing for a rival next season. That’s not great by any measure.

Now of course it will depend on what we do next to some extent but we have to be decisive and act fast from here.

Once again you’re upto your usual stating your opinions as fact. You have no idea if the club had any previous interest in Caicedo or not but you know the didn’t as fact. As for we made Chelsea do this do that its your agenda to whinge and moan coming to the fore again.

1 Like

We couldn’t do anymore on the Caicedo deal and we have to trust the clubs call on them thinking Lavia isn’t good value.

Why the assertion it was FSG its the club.

I dont think its a bad position to be in to be honest. All eyes on the club/FSG, the whole world is watching. so they will do something, I have no doubt

the club…

Thats already shown by the Caicedo bid.

my point is we will be fine… I have no doubt

1 Like

After watching the performance today… This guy is not ready to step-in and bring what we need right now - totally unfair to see him as something he is not at the moment… Do we have 12-18months to bring him through - who knows…!
Onwards and upwards…

1 Like

I think they envisaged a scenario in which Fabinho stayed and Lavia could have had a year or two getting his feet under the table, learning the role without a huge amount of pressure to come in and start right away, obviously the goalposts shifted and we need somebody ready made now.

3 Likes

I wonder if we will trigger the Zubimendi release clause? I think he is the same age as MacAllister, experienced, with years on the clock. We might also establish a Spanish connection with him helping to bring Bajcetic through.

And I would probably seal a deal for Andre for January too. Zubimendi seems silky, but Andre seems more of a fighter.

I also think Tyler Adams is decent, and definitely worth 20M as a squad man. Good age, and another leader too.

And once again you wanna defend the indefensible.

Again you always come out with something to exonerate the club of any wrongdoing, balls up or mistake.

We have royally messed up here whether you don’t wanna see it or not.

As far as my opinions as facts goes, not signing anyone for the last 6 weeks isn’t “my opinion”, it’s a fact…wasting 2 weeks on a player with 3 bids that got nowhere isn’t “my opinion” it’s a fact. You say I don’t know if the club had any previous interest in Caicedo, well then go find me a link to support your case?

There were plenty of posters for the idea of keeping our bid for Caicedo for purely that reason - to get Chelsea to overpay, did you have anything to say then? Course you didn’t. Yet when I mention it, I’m the one with “an agenda”. Go figure.

The way I see events at Anfield… Jurgen will go all out to ensure we enter the CL next season - this leaves him 12months to get the main cogs of this squad to mesh together properly to mount a challenge for number 7- whether we stagger through this season with what we have, and bide our time selecting further parts of the puzzle, or we bring someone in straight away remains to be seen

Most of us trusted the club when we were told that we were fine in midfield after missing out on Tchouameini last summer. That did not pan out for a number of reasons, but obviously makes patience wear thin given losing out to Chelsea on two targets (in the same position, no less). I am happy to admit the owners got it right if they do have a plan, but I have less confidence after last summer.

2 Likes

Just wasted time typing a final rant about Caicedo and his twat of an agent only to find the fucking thread is locked.

I don’t think he club screwed up, per se. We liked Lavia, but didn’t want to pay what Southampton were asking, as it didn’t represent value to us.

Why? I haven’t got a clue, but I would guess that we didn’t see enough differential in the level between Lavia and Bajcetic. We want a very clear number one defensive midfielder. Hence the record bid for Caicedo.

I was surprised we went that high, and it gives me hope that we will still do some good business.

Just guessing, but Zubimendi now, Andre in January, and a left sided central defender.

We will see what happens.

We are only about 3 years late with decent transfers for the midfield ffs

Clock is ticking

Having read up on him after being mentioned I think he is a solution.

It’s something we should consider.