Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Fede Valverde’s Dutch cousin.

It is depressing. I think we should have had replacements lined up before releasing Hendo and Fab. However our owners have shown a willingness to splash out. The most depressing thing is the FFP cheating. It’s hard to see a future post-Klopp where we can compete with the financial doping of city, Chelsea and Newcastle

2 Likes

Not going piss on your chips but the likelihood of anyone coming in and being ready for Bournemouth to start is a million to one.

I think that’s it. It’s not so much the missing out on the players as much as it is missing out on those players to a club who’ll have spent something like £900m (likely over £500m net when all is said and done) on transfers in three windows. That’s before they address the keeper situation they’re creating. That’s beyond the levels of spending we saw in the early Chelsea or City days.

You only hope there is some serious scrutiny but UEFA and the Premier League are fucking cowards and so I don’t see anything coming of it beyond a slap on the wrists and a nominal fine.

I don’t necessarily mean to start that game but here, with the squad, getting integrated. Leave it until we’re in the following week and that deadline is looming large.

1 Like

No I agree if we can get a deal done by Friday that would I agree be worthwhile or at least if effectively it’s almost tied up.

Watching Bosz and Alex yesterday reaffirms why we put in so much work into scouting a player and don’t just go in for the flavor of the month. They are not just great players, they are the right players. Who would have believed they joined us only a few weeks ago. I’m hopeful for Liverpool and I look forward to great things from that pair. Sublime players, absolute warriors.

3 Likes

FFP is a myth and the 115 charges against shitty don’t seem to mean anything either

Unfortunately you are correct. Just seen Chelsea working on a deal to sign Enze from Palace.
Thats £220m if they get moses, lavia and Enze.

FFP is same as Tax, only apply for poor one :joy:

https://twitter.com/JacobSteinberg/status/1691010818349928448?s=20

Didnt want to pay £50m so offered £60m!

Same feeling for me here. He’s a good player, but never worth so much, and as he hadn’t his heart set on us, I see this as a massive bullet dodged to be honest. As for this Lavia guy, 50m is obviously too much for the club’s valuation of the player, so no issues at all there. It’s better to spend good money on good players, rather than on prospects who might eventually become good, or not.

As far as I’m concerned, I feel very relaxed about the whole situation. Even if we don’t find another midfielder this summer, we have brought in our two main targets already, and find ourselves in a better position than last season. Obviously, a ready-made DM, immediately able to step into our midfield, would be a plus, but I’ve no issues watching Jones, Elliot and Bajcetic growing into fully-fledged first-team players, even if it means another transitional season in which we don’t fight for the league title, but still for top four and the EL.

4 Likes

The player’s contract is over eight years (madness! :see_no_evil:), but the 115m transfer fee is probably mainly upfront.

This is clearly BS,talking of paying 60m for a 19 year old that we baulked at 50m for last week would have every agent at the door with “Have I got a deal for you”.

4 Likes

Might mean €60m?

1 Like

Thank God for our new negotiator. They fired the last bloke.

Given the last few days Frank might be an improvement :joy:

Nope , it’s sterling.

Chelsea dont have any deal on the table. Surely this one we get.

1 Like

Animated GIF